renting a house for vacations anyone do it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i would love to rent a house for our disney world vacation anyone ever do it we are thinking of going at christmas or summer not sure when . whats the good whats the bad .

2. never rented a house but, have rented condos for vacations numerous times. (it's just the boy and i) i much prefer it because of the amenities and space that you have versus a hotel. you also have more flexibility of making your own food which is important for me, especially for longer trips. i love eating out, but it's not really the best idea to eat all three meals out, every single day for 14 days, kwim?

i think if i had kids or a big family, renting a house is a good way to go. kids can feel too cooped up in a hotel room (even if it's a suite.)

3. I've never rented a house but I rent apartments when I go to Europe and it's always worked out great for me. I started doing that because when my friend and I went to France most hotels wanted at least one adult (we were both 17 at the time and traveling just us) so I got a flat instead and haven't looked back since. You get a great sense of the city that way and get a lot more space for you money, I definitely recommend it

4. #4 Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    I've rented houses in ski resort areas (Park City, Vail) and have had excellent experiences. I use VRBO.com (vacation rentals by owner) as a resource to find good rentals.

Good luck!

5. VRBO.com is GREAT!

6. I use holiday-rentals.co.uk I think they have some US rentals but it's mainly Europe