Rent the Runway Unlimited

Juno85

Oct 23, 2016
Hey ladies--
I've been thinking about signing up for Rent the Runway Unlimited. It's $139/mo for three items, I think. Has anyone used the service before? Are the items in good condition and worth the cost? Or is there a different service you'd recommend?

All I can find by googling this are sponsored bloggers who are endorsing it. But I'd like some honest feedback. Thank you!

Wow! I’m surprised there is no action on this thread. I just started RTR Unlimited in February. I wanted to see other people’s thoughts so I searched the forum and I’m not finding much.

The intro price is 99 a month with code NEWCLOSET and you can have 4 pieces out at a time. So far it’s been fun for me! Some things are great! Some things don’t fit or look different than what I imagined so I trade them in quickly. I get things within a day or 2 because I live in the same state as where things get shipped from. I’m still trying to figure out my sizing in their brands. But it is fun trying out trendier things with no big risk. IMG_1522271561.191356.jpg

I work in a professional environment so it’s been great changing up my wardrobe every week. I normally order 3 work things and 1 casual weekend or 1 party weekend thing depending on what’s my calendar.

I’m curious if anyone else is doing this? Here’s a few we rentals that did work out for me. IMG_1522271604.779259.jpgIMG_1522271414.020433.jpg

Hey ladies--
I've been thinking about signing up for Rent the Runway Unlimited. It's $139/mo for three items, I think. Has anyone used the service before? Are the items in good condition and worth the cost? Or is there a different service you'd recommend?

All I can find by googling this are sponsored bloggers who are endorsing it. But I'd like some honest feedback. Thank you!

If you’re still interested, I think the 99 for the first month is definitely worth it. After, I’m still trying to feel it out. Out of the 18 things I got, only 1 was in “retiring” condition and I told them that when they asked for a review. I’m still working my way thru figuring out my size and I have been losing weight. I’m willing to got 1 more month at $159. But some pieces have been really great!

Reactions: TeddyRivers
If you’re still interested, I think the 99 for the first month is definitely worth it. After, I’m still trying to feel it out. Out of the 18 things I got, only 1 was in “retiring” condition and I told them that when they asked for a review. I’m still working my way thru figuring out my size and I have been losing weight. I’m willing to got 1 more month at $159. But some pieces have been really great!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been wondering about them, but information has been hard to find.

Reactions: mssmelanie
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been wondering about them, but information has been hard to find.
You’re welcome! I’m hoping others will chime in soon. I was talking to my coworker who got me into it today. She stopped it but she says she misses
getting the shipments in. She said she will
probably start up again when the weather is warmer.

Here’s another top I wore today. My co worker rented it in black and I loved it. I asked her about it because I wanted to buy it but it was $595! So hence I’m renting it instead.

Attachments

• 7FF3B714-D2FD-45A6-8B8A-6ADCA3E838DE.jpeg
    7FF3B714-D2FD-45A6-8B8A-6ADCA3E838DE.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 599
I love RTR unlimited! I've been doing it for a month and have been really happy with it overall. Shipping is overnight for me because I'm on the East Coast. The reviews and photos from other RTR members are really helpful in terms of figuring out what sizes to order. Most of the items are in pristine condition and are heavily discounted if you want to keep them. I kept a susana monaco top and josie natori pants--spent around $200 total for both (retail would have been around $500). This is a great service if (1) you're an online shopping addict and enjoy the feeling of packages always arriving in the mail; (2) you tire of clothing items quickly and always like to have something "new;" or (3) your weight fluctuates/you're in the process of losing weight so buying clothing feels like a waste of money. Also, it's eco-friendly to rent! :smile:

I love RTR unlimited! I've been doing it for a month and have been really happy with it overall. Shipping is overnight for me because I'm on the East Coast. The reviews and photos from other RTR members are really helpful in terms of figuring out what sizes to order. Most of the items are in pristine condition and are heavily discounted if you want to keep them. I kept a susana monaco top and josie natori pants--spent around $200 total for both (retail would have been around $500). This is a great service if (1) you're an online shopping addict and enjoy the feeling of packages always arriving in the mail; (2) you tire of clothing items quickly and always like to have something "new;" or (3) your weight fluctuates/you're in the process of losing weight so buying clothing feels like a waste of money. Also, it's eco-friendly to rent! :smile:
Finally! So glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for replying. I love all your points! And, I did the hack that I read about, paying for sending a shipment back so I would have an extra bag. Then twice I had some items that I ordered become unavailable and I had to choose another item. So now I have 4 RTR bags in rotation so I basically can order and return something every other day.

I haven't bought anything from them yet. Just enjoying the fun in getting new things and not worrying about dry cleaning. Feel free to post any awesome rentals you had!

Wow! I’m surprised there is no action on this thread. I just started RTR Unlimited in February. I wanted to see other people’s thoughts so I searched the forum and I’m not finding much.

The intro price is 99 a month with code NEWCLOSET and you can have 4 pieces out at a time. So far it’s been fun for me! Some things are great! Some things don’t fit or look different than what I imagined so I trade them in quickly. I get things within a day or 2 because I live in the same state as where things get shipped from. I’m still trying to figure out my sizing in their brands. But it is fun trying out trendier things with no big risk. View attachment 4016847

I work in a professional environment so it’s been great changing up my wardrobe every week. I normally order 3 work things and 1 casual weekend or 1 party weekend thing depending on what’s my calendar.

I’m curious if anyone else is doing this? Here’s a few we rentals that did work out for me. View attachment 4016849View attachment 4016842
Looks great!! Thank you for sharing! This was super helpful!

Reactions: mssmelanie
Oh good! I’m glad! I’m on my 2nd month of rental. So far so good. I was going to pause it in April but then I had a few events and it’s just so darn fun getting stuff in the mail

Absolutely! It’s been almost a year now and I love it. I work for a law firm and although I’m not an attorney, I need to wear professional clothes. I always know what I’m wearing instead of staring at my closet

*reviving this thread* @mssmelanie are you still using RTR? I'm thinking about signing up.

Forgot to tag u in my response above. But yes. Look for a code on their site. It should be like for $99 for the first month or some other good deal. It took me a few shipments to figure out stuff. If U join, always look at the reviews and I tend to order a size up with most of their designers. It’s great for when I’m away for work! I’ve had my clothes sent to the hotel! Some clothes are worn out a little so I tend to stay away from things that have over 100 reviews. I could go on and on. Feel free to DM me.

Reactions: ClassicFab