Renovating my pre-owned m/l Chanel '05

This was the major rehab I did years ago and I've since done some more minor Bal rehabs, but you really take the cake dear! I would have been terrified of trying it on a Chanel... but now.. hmmmm maybe if I ever find a really nice one worth rescuing.

How do you find the feel of the caviar leather now where the dye is? Does it have the same hand feel?
Oh yes! I remember your thread now- you've done a fabulous job on that calcaire. How's your bag doing these days?
I used a mixture of Terrago and the dye sent to me by the Furniture clinic- and hadn't really thought anout penetrative/non-penetrative dye. I guess the caviar leather is more non-penetrative than lambskin, as water washes off. Good question re: feel. I buffed and buffed but on the back (and even tried sanding with very fine grit sandpaper it feels slightly smoother than the pebbled caviar :sad: but it doesn't rub off onto clothes or other surfaces. I wish the stains could have shifted rather than having had to re-dye!

Wow that's a wonderful transformation, well done it looks amazing [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Enjoy your beautiful bag [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
Thank you :smile:
Wow, you definitely have a talent for this, well done :tup:!
Very impressive!
Enjoy your beautiful restored Chanel bag :heart:.
Thank you so much. I really love DIY. Wish I could up-cycle some furniture too- that's the next stage.

It looks great! Good job!
Thank you. :smile:

Reactions: mia55
Oh yes! I remember your thread now- you've done a fabulous job on that calcaire. How's your bag doing these days?
I used a mixture of Terrago and the dye sent to me by the Furniture clinic- and hadn't really thought anout penetrative/non-penetrative dye. I guess the caviar leather is more non-penetrative than lambskin, as water washes off. Good question re: feel. I buffed and buffed but on the back (and even tried sanding with very fine grit sandpaper it feels slightly smoother than the pebbled caviar :sad: but it doesn't rub off onto clothes or other surfaces. I wish the stains could have shifted rather than having had to re-dye!

Ms. Purple's doing well, still going strong! She moved back "home" to France though, haha, as I gave her to a family member there since I was downsizing my collection and they loved the color. :smile:

Good to know about the hand feel! I think you made a great choice with rehabbing a caviar leather bag since the feel of it is naturally a bit stiffer and long-wearing than lamb (what a pity to have stiff lambskin IMO). Wear her in good health and do please post some mod shots so we can admire! I am drooling over that pink! :biggrin:

Ms. Purple's doing well, still going strong! She moved back "home" to France though, haha, as I gave her to a family member there since I was downsizing my collection and they loved the color. :smile:

Good to know about the hand feel! I think you made a great choice with rehabbing a caviar leather bag since the feel of it is naturally a bit stiffer and long-wearing than lamb (what a pity to have stiff lambskin IMO). Wear her in good health and do please post some mod shots so we can admire! I am drooling over that pink! :biggrin:
Wow, that was just so generous of you to give it to your family member. They will cherish and treasure it l! I have an ebay bargain Bal find on its way to me- I have a suspicion it is Praline'09 with GGH :loveeyes:. My only worry is that handles might be softer/darker, and I don't know if that's fixable, but I will try and see if there's anything on Bal threads (or if you have any advice please let me know.!)
Yes I do wish the hand feel was the same, but since it's on the back, and not too large an area, I'll live!
quick mod shot on the way!

I have an ebay bargain Bal find on its way to me- I have a suspicion it is Praline'09 with GGH :loveeyes:. My only worry is that handles might be softer/darker, and I don't know if that's fixable, but I will try and see if there's anything on Bal threads (or if you have any advice please let me know.!)

Try Lovin' My Bags "For Handles Only" protector. I used it on all my light colored Bal bag handles and I noticed that prevents the darkening. :smile:

Reactions: Wittygirl