Renewal Passport Time

Lots of phone calls apparently. He is still in China but I can ping him for the exact specifics. Overall I know he originally sent his passport into the main office in Philidelphia (? - not sure correct city) but ended up contacting another office with his dilema. He had to drive to Houston for paperwork. Again - I will ping for more answers. :smile:

So following on from Sophia's post # 43 it sounds like a lot of work, but well worth it if you have an actual travel date and ticket. May be they want to see proof of travel then they will expedite the application after it has been submitted?

My DH did have a business trip to make to Europe but since he didn't have his passport and he didn't know he could expedite the application, the trip was cancelled.

So following on from Sophia's post # 43 it sounds like a lot of work, but well worth it if you have an actual travel date and ticket. May be they want to see proof of travel then they will expedite the application after it has been submitted?

My DH did have a business trip to make to Europe but since he didn't have his passport and he didn't know he could expedite the application, the trip was cancelled.

To me it sounded like work that was worth it in the end. Logging on to work right now.. they should be waking up soon! :smile:

All this talk about the back log and I'm scarmbling on getting DD's application out before this week ends. We're leaving last week of October for the Philippines. ooooooh boy.

Can I ask you a passport question?

I was on the phone hitting re-dial all day yesterday trying to get an appointment with the passport office.

I am leaving for a conference in Istanbul next week and one of my rescue pups chewed the corner of my passport.

There are teethmarks in the upper right hand corner, but nowhere near the barcode or picture.

Am I OK?

Our local passport office told me that there was no way that they could get a replacement in a week and wouldn't even look at it to tell me if I would have a problem getting on a plane with it.

THANKS!

He checked today and without being able to see how bad your passport is chewed, it's hard to tell. Normally if a passport is damaged beyond "normal wear and tear" it is invalid. Specifically if the lamination was effected since alterations could have been made, etc. If you are located in the DC area then the National Headquarters is located at 1111 19th Street in Washington. You can have your Congressman/ Senator do you a letter that allows you to walk right into the building and go to an office called "Special Issuance" on the 2nd floor. This is for Congressional cases only, however, they can process a passport within about 45 minutes. Because of the backlog they have right now they ask that you not come until you only have less than a week before your departure date. Remember you MUST have the letter from your Congresman's office to do this. Also they will be able to tell you if yours is fine or invalid.

He checked today and without being able to see how bad your passport is chewed, it's hard to tell. Normally if a passport is damaged beyond "normal wear and tear" it is invalid. Specifically if the lamination was effected since alterations could have been made, etc. If you are located in the DC area then the National Headquarters is located at 1111 19th Street in Washington. You can have your Congressman/ Senator do you a letter that allows you to walk right into the building and go to an office called "Special Issuance" on the 2nd floor. This is for Congressional cases only, however, they can process a passport within about 45 minutes. Because of the backlog they have right now they ask that you not come until you only have less than a week before your departure date. Remember you MUST have the letter from your Congresman's office to do this. Also they will be able to tell you if yours is fine or invalid.

Thanks, I'll try Wolf's office in the am.

Really appreciate it.