Renewal Passport Time

Darn, its busy again.

This is sucky, but on the bright side my trip is next month so I can keep calling and still have a good 4 weeks.

^_^

I renewed my passport in April, but had to change my name so they treated it as a new application. I also submitted a new application for Lil Max that was a bit complicated (name change). We did pay for expediated service and even included a prepaid overnight envelope. I received ours in 5 business days.

You have to wait until 2 weeks from your travel date to call.

Then, keep calling and calling, 9 out 10 times(VERY FRUSTRATING), you will get the "we can't take your call right now". But keep calling.

If they put you on hold, you are likely to wait 20-30 min before someone picks it up. It's wise to pay the extra $60 at this time.

They kept saying, "don't worry we won't let you miss your flight" but this is just CRAPS.

travel.state.gov to check your status.

My mom's friend has a trip coming up in mid-July and as of last Friday, it has so far taken 13 weeks to get her passport... and she still has not gotten it!

I think like stated above, they really won't do anything extraordinary until its in those last couple weeks/days to get it to you ASAP, so you might just want to sit tight for the next week and then start hounding them.

My brother missed his flight because of it. He kept assuming that it will arrive on time, but it didn't.

Keep callling and calling whenever you can. Make it your priority. Call and call.

1-877-487-2778, press 1, 3 and 1. Like I said, 9 of 10 times, you will get the "won't be able to take your call".

good luck! i could see this passport backlog coming after 9-11. i think the U.S. passport will be our major form of national ID. everyone will need one to travel outside any of our borders and to get back home too! it's already started. i am sure yours will be in on time tho.

Thanks guys!

Dang, all I want is my dang passport.

Its been 9 weeks.

Ill keep calling. I leave in about 5 more weeks, so I think im ok, but better safe than sorry!

Thanks guys!

There is a backlog going on right now with passports unfortunately. By calling them, they should be able to tell you where in the process it is-especially with the summer travel season coming up.

If they tell you they haven't started it yet, I would expedite it ASAP. You don't want to have to cancel your trip. Better to be safe than sorry.

If its already in renewal, can i send in another 60 bucks to get it here quicker?
I think once you have submitted the application you cannot change the service you requested.
You should receive it shortly. I submitted mine March 23rd and got it back just over a week ago, so it took 2 months.
Have you tried tracking it online or calling the post office?