Rene Caovilla - are they too delicate?

nguyenp

Mar 1, 2012
I've been obsessing over the gorgeous Rene Caovilla sandals (around 4 inches heels) - my only concerns are that they look so very delicate, the tiny straps, the crystals. I do walk around in the city and I don't know how they will hold up? do the crystals fall out easily?

Also, I don't think they have matching vibrams for the glitter soles, no? How do you maintain the soles?

Thank you so much ladies!

Yes, too delicate. My sole broke after wearing them for such a short space of time. Such gorgeous looking shoes though. Very disheartening. Not worth it. Waste of money indeed.

I have a pair of 105MM glitter sole RC shoes (all crystals). The glitter holds up well indoors, but like anything will fade on concrete. The crystals are holding up better so far than expected (I've worn them just twice though)! I love mine, favorite shoes ever.

Will never purchase Rene Caovilla again more especially because their head office in Italy provides very poor customer service. Cheap quality shoes and not worth the price. Don't be fooled by the exterior.
In any event, my Sergio Rossi is the BEST:smile:

Will never purchase Rene Caovilla again more especially because their head office in Italy provides very poor customer service. Cheap quality shoes and not worth the price. Don't be fooled by the exterior.
In any event, my Sergio Rossi is the BEST:smile:

I have to respectfully disagree. IMO no one makes more gorgeous shoes on this planet but like anything else you have to judge them for what they are and IMO they are planned obsolescence to a point. They're not meant to be lived in and they can sustain limited mileage. They're IMO one of the highest levels of occasion dressing footwear for a very specific lifestyle which addresses those who (with slight exaggeration) wouldn't be caught dead in the same footwear twice and aren't doing extensive walking in them, dancing, maybe. All the above is strictly my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your customer service experience with Caovilla. That's disappointing. (BTW Sergio Rossi was always a fave of mine too!)

Glad for you:smile: Yes, unfortunately due to Rene Caovilla's really poor customer service and quality I won't be purchasing another pair of their shoes. I was actually told by the manufacturer that "they can only assist the finer customer"... yes very bad experience hence I am totally put off RC.
TC & have fun!

I have a pair of 105MM glitter sole RC shoes (all crystals). The glitter holds up well indoors, but like anything will fade on concrete. The crystals are holding up better so far than expected (I've worn them just twice though)! I love mine, favorite shoes ever.
The designer makes beautiful crystal sandals and I heard that Amina Muaddi & Mach and Mach's crystalized high heels are much worse quality.
tamara.jpg CREDIT: @tamarakalinic

Reactions: Hanna Wilson
Amina’s don't even come close in comparison (terrible quality for $$$). RC shoes are so beautiful and completely a class of their own. they are in fact extremely delicate. in my experience, the glitter rubs off with each wear -even if its just indoors. I have two pairs and planning on adding more in the future. I recently purchased the snake bracelets from RC, which are so pretty and versatile. I will post pics soon.

I really wanted the RC Cleo heels to work for me because they look beautiful, but I just couldn’t handle the sliding and the marks the wraps would leave on my ankles. If you Google celebrities wearing them on the red carpet, you can see their toes sliding forward and the marks on their legs.

If you do decide to purchase RC, I would also recommend purchasing them through a retailer like Saks rather than directly from them because their customer service is subpar like others have said.

I have 7 pairs of RC shoes and I find them to be a lot more comfortable than Louboutins. No problems with rhinestones coming off, but I don't wear them very often, so that could be the reason why I have not experienced any problems with them so far. They run TTS for me.