Removing surface scratches-LV Damier Tate face plate??

Good luck to you is all I can say. That shiney metal plate will show the slightest scratch, and I would just chalk it up to having marks that make it your own bag. I wouldn't mess with it. I may be wrong, but the best you can do is possibly turn the whole plate into a matte finish if you attempt anything yourself.

This isn't about removing scratches. Recently a friend used apple garde to spray on her Galliera and a fair amount of spray covered the plate. She is too lazy to wipe it off and left the entire bag to dry. The apple grade that dried on the plate apparently became a protective layer and she was so shocked that even her finger prints were not visible on the plate after touching it several times over.

I have the Tate as well, used it for a week and got two obvious scratches.

I just used a silver polishing cloth and it helped a little bit. I did it a little more and it has removed some of the gold color. I am extremely upset now. I am not sure what to do. I am kicking myself.

Update on my LV Inventeur plate...
I am getting it replaced since the gold color was coming off where I polished it.
The quote was $70, 4-6 weeks.
Week 1 down. Anxiously awaiting the return of my LV!

oh great! that means i can just send it over to LV to have the plate change? i've accumulated quite a number of scratches and damn not happy with myself. now that i can change the metal plate..i am more than happy!!

but will there assess the bag 1st, you can just have it replace at that amount?

Update on my LV Inventeur plate...
I am getting it replaced since the gold color was coming off where I polished it.
The quote was $70, 4-6 weeks.
Week 1 down. Anxiously awaiting the return of my LV!

Hihi,

I didnt know u could replace the whole plate.. May I know which country you are located at? $70 USD? I am thinking of a good way to remove the scratches too.. :sad: