Removing painted initials and stripes

Johnrene19

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Hello goyard lovers,

I was hoping if you guys can help me out. I found an amazing pre loved goyard st louis gm in white at such a good deal and the bag is in pristine condition as well. The only downside is that the previous owner had his/her initials painted on it and stripes as well. The stripes I dont mind its more the initials, but if I can completely remove both then thats better. I was wondering if anyone can suggest what I can do or product/s I can use to remove them without harming the goyard canvas. Please help.

Thank you very much.

John

alizhan

Aug 15, 2015
Hello goyard lovers,

I was hoping if you guys can help me out. I found an amazing pre loved goyard st louis gm in white at such a good deal and the bag is in pristine condition as well. The only downside is that the previous owner had his/her initials painted on it and stripes as well. The stripes I dont mind its more the initials, but if I can completely remove both then thats better. I was wondering if anyone can suggest what I can do or product/s I can use to remove them without harming the goyard canvas. Please help.

Thank you very much.

John
unfortunately, once painted on goyardine chevron, there is no way to remove the paint (be it initials or stripes) without removing the goyardine chevron.

Last edited:

walds11

Oct 10, 2016
Philly 'burbs
I asked my SA at Bergdorf Goodman Men's Store. He said that he has not heard anything regarding Goyard taking their sales and distribution away from BG. So, I wonder if this possible change pertains only to Barney's at this time.
I'm going to check with my SA at the Barney's Goyard NYC store. I also have a contact at BG NYC and will double check with them.

c18027

O.G.
May 15, 2007
Neiman Marcus states that Goyard is not leaving. However, rumor has it that a new stand-alone Goyard boutique will open in Beverly Hills.

Reactions: R8ted_mmm
Aug 12, 2008
Area Code 905, Canada
So it sounds like Goyard is just leaving Barneys and not Neiman Marcus and Bergdorfs . I wonder once the stand alone boutique in Bev Hills opens, that the Neiman Marcus in Bev Hills will stop selling it.

alizhan

Aug 15, 2015
I had my initials removed from 2 bags. You need to pay the 165.00 fee but they will do it. My bag looks brand new like nothing was ever there. Good Luck!
Thanks for sharing. Let me check with my SA whether stripes can also be removed with no damage to goyardine beneath...

Jan 29, 2008
Hello goyard lovers,

Thank you very much.

John
Personalization can be removed. Contact Goyard. I know, because I just had it done. Good luck.

Reactions: trishaluvslv