Removing corner hardware from Marcie Purse

Geddes

Nov 2, 2010
London
Silly question but has anyone done this ?

I purchased a Cherry Jelly Marcie purse in Selfridges in the sale for a steal. Partly because it is obviously from what i can see ( i am new to Chloe) old season, A/W 2013 and because it has a scratch on the front which is negligable and is not noticeable when its closed. I do like it but this Marcie has gold hardware on the corners and if it wasnt for that i would have used it by now :smile: On the back of the hardware are three small screws. Has anyone removed anything like this before. Taking a closer look the hardware isnt really indented into the leather so the marks wouldnt be that bad on the front.

Just talking out loud really hoping someone might be evesdropping and telling me not to be so silly !

GemsBerry

Nov 10, 2011
Washington DC
Personally I wouldn't do it myself, it can be glued inside and you won't be able to reattach hardware back properly. You may want to bring your bag to leather care professional/cobbler and ask for advise.

mills

O.G.
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
Hmm yeah I probably wouldnt attempt it myself unless I was willing to take the risk that it "may" look awful underneath? I agree with gems, there is possibly glue under there which may or not come off.