Removing Calluses From Hands - Manicure Kit Or Nail Salon?

JessicaCorbyn

Mar 21, 2016
I play a lot of sports and have some calluses on my palms, at the bases of my fingers. They're ugly and they hurt when I was picking weights up for a time. :confused1: I'm going to get some protective gloves but I've heard they don't go away on their own.

How do I get rid of them quickly? They're smooth on the outside and not so big that I can pull them off easily. Can they remove them at the nail salon? Or could I try an at-home manicure kit or one of those acid solutions?

Thanks ladies :smile:

purly

ALL THE BAGS!
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
Austin, TX
I'm not really sure, but I got calluses from doing crew in college and they went away on their own at some point. I think they tend to peel off eventually once you're no longer doing whatever it is that caused them. Moisturizing might help though. With my feet, I sometimes load on a ton of moisturizer and put on thick socks overnight while I'm sleeping, so maybe you could try that except with mittens?

Reactions: JessicaCorbyn

JessicaCorbyn

Mar 21, 2016
I'm not really sure, but I got calluses from doing crew in college and they went away on their own at some point. I think they tend to peel off eventually once you're no longer doing whatever it is that caused them. Moisturizing might help though. With my feet, I sometimes load on a ton of moisturizer and put on thick socks overnight while I'm sleeping, so maybe you could try that except with mittens?
Thank you :smile: How long did it take for them to go away, and what kind of moisturiser do you use? Just a normal foot cream?

purly

ALL THE BAGS!
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
Austin, TX
Thank you :smile: How long did it take for them to go away, and what kind of moisturiser do you use? Just a normal foot cream?
Well my foot calluses never completely go away, no matter what I do. The ones on my palms from crew just sort of went away on their own after I stopped rowing. I use normal hand moisturizer on my hands, nothing special.