Removed listing

Oct 4, 2006
Hi everyone!

Recently one of my listings been removed with claims of it being fake. I've called eBay support and from what they've said I got the impression that it has to do something with plastic on hardware. Also after the girl listened to everything I told her she said I can create a new listing and put all information I have there. But there is still the risk.

The bag in question is a Hermes Birkin bag. I had it authenticated through bababebi, plus I took it to Hermes repair to change the hardware ( the metal plate with ring for lock was crooked) so it is in plastic. I also wanted to re dye the bag but apparently it was taken to some non Hermes spa so they couldn't do that. I have the receipt but sadly it does not state the bag precisely.

So I am like 200% sure this bag is authentic. However I can not but be afraid that because of the plastic ( the girl on the line suggested i remove it which I don't want to) this listing has a potential of being pulled again.

Has anyone been in similar situation? What were your actions? I personally did as they've told: created another listing, attached every document available and now hoping for the best.

It's up to you but if EBay recommended you remove the plastic, I would remove it. Many people use hardware as one of the factors in authentication.
I would post it here in the Hermes forum and have the gals there judge the authenticity as well. Inquire as to the best service for Hermes authentication & perhaps have them look at it and issue a certificate or letter.
The more sources you have verifying its genuine the better. And if it gets done on TPF, publically, the buyer can come see for themselves.

Good luck. Cheers

There are several things going on here.

If a listing is removed as fake, you can't relist unless and until you're given the green light be ebay. The person you spoke to is wrong because that isn't official.

1. You have a professional authentication from a recognized Hermes expert so you need to call ebay and escalate until you get someone in T&S who understands professional authentications and will allow you to forward the documentation
2. If the plastic came on the bag, I wouldn't remove it.
3. Have you made Bababebi aware of the listing takedown? She might have some advice on how to handle it with ebay.

But until your documentation has been received and accepted by ebay as proof of authenticity, after which they will send you a message allowing it to be relisted, do NOT relist!

If a listing is removed as fake, you can't relist unless and until you're given the green light be ebay. The person you spoke to is wrong because that isn't official.

1. You have a professional authentication from a recognized Hermes expert so you need to call ebay and escalate until you get someone in T&S who understands professional authentications and will allow you to forward the documentation
3. Have you made Bababebi aware of the listing takedown? She might have some advice on how to handle it with ebay.

But until your documentation has been received and accepted by ebay as proof of authenticity, after which they will send you a message allowing it to be relisted, do NOT relist!

Thank you, I was not aware. Will do!

The only reason I felt the plastic should come off is that it isn't the original hardware.
She had the hardware replaced..
In that case should the plastic still stay on the bag?

As a buyer, I think I would want to see this replaced hardware..

The only reason I felt the plastic should come off is that it isn't the original hardware.
She had the hardware replaced..
In that case should the plastic still stay on the bag?

As a buyer, I think I would want to see this replaced hardware..
But the plastic doesn't make the bag counterfeit and IMO, it's not the reason the listing was removed. (And if it is the reason the listing was removed, whoever reported had no business reporting!)

If the bag was good enough for Bababebi to deem as authentic, then the plastic wouldn't make a difference.

OTOH, if a potential buyer wants to see the hardware and if the buyer knows that Hermes won't replace hardware on a fake, then the seller can remove it to show the buyer.

But removal of plastic shouldn't be the determining factor of real vs. fake.

But the plastic doesn't make the bag counterfeit and IMO, it's not the reason the listing was removed. (And if it is the reason the listing was removed, whoever reported had no business reporting!)

If the bag was good enough for Bababebi to deem as authentic, then the plastic wouldn't make a difference.

OTOH, if a potential buyer wants to see the hardware and if the buyer knows that Hermes won't replace hardware on a fake, then the seller can remove it to show the buyer.

Gotcha..

Thanks for clarifying.. I see what you mean now..

Gotcha..

Thanks for clarifying.. I see what you mean now..

Thank you all! Yes, the hardware was relaced by Hermes, it is not original hardware that came with this bag, but it is an original Hermes hardware. I really dont want to remove it cause of potential scratches etc.
I talked to eBay and they've sent me a link to upload the documents. I have uploaded everything: certificate from bababebi, receipt from hermes from repair (useless, i know, cause it does not say for which bag it was) but at least it has my name on it and that i did repair. And also my email conversations screens with Hermes repair assistant woman ( she emailed me suggestions and prices and we talked what i want to be done with this bag) . Hope this will be suffitient. And ofc I took the lisiting down for now.
Hopefully it all will be resolved soon and happily.

Thanks again for all your advices!

OP - I hope this will solve the problem. Good Luck!

I can't help but think....ebay removes items that actually show proof of authenticity
yet leaves the obvious fake listings that I know are repeatedly reported.

I'm a believer thay ebay tends to side with people who bring them lots of money. So if something is repeatedly flagged but the seller has sold many things for long periods of time, ebay will overlook it. Just my opinion, could be totally incorrect.
I totally agree. Have you ever reported fakes from linda*s***stuff? If they don't remove the listings and don't let them run to conclusion, Linda gets an email from ebay recommending she end the listing.

The following is just one example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTH-COACH-Silver-Tone-Metal-Dog-Bone-Paw-Hydrant-Multiple-Charm-Keychain-/311351312807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487dfc01a7&nma=true&si=WpZfhIWRBHJbSRxqsz92CyrPY5o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh, and here's another:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Beige...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ebay first cares about the money they make, second the money their big sellers make, third .. the APPEARANCE of caring.

And despite assurances from the "new management" that they care about removing fakes and what a deplorable condition the category is in on the site, they are still doing nothing about the fakes and harming good sellers.

It's past being baffling. They are complicit in fleecing buyers and letting counterfeits get sold on their site - knowingly. It's sick.

Heh, it must be a special eBay Karma catching up with me. I've just reported several very obvious 200% sure fake Celine phantoms. :P
Was thinking of buying one for myself and got really amazed at the amount of fakes and potential sales of them (with bids).