Removed Hologram#???

Fashion Freak

Mar 17, 2007
Hi, I recently saw a chanel bag auction on eBay, everything looks authentic,except........she lost the id card and got the hologram # sticker removed. Is it possiable??!! A friend told me that I should really question about the authenticity. I know the bag sounds fake already, but I just want to listen more opinion and experiance. The bag is really cool and hard to find, but is it possiable that the bag is authentic?:confused1:

Hi, I recently saw a chanel bag auction on eBay, everything looks authentic,except........she lost the id card and got the hologram # sticker removed. Is it possiable??!! A friend told me that I should really question about the authenticity. I know the bag sounds fake already, but I just want to listen more opinion and experiance. The bag is really cool and hard to find, but is it possiable that the bag is authentic?:confused1:

By the way, anyone tried to remove the sticker before?Is it hard to do it?Hehe:P

:tdown: No no no no, nobody sane would remove the hologram sticker, it's like burning your fingerprints... scratching a gun's serial number, dying your hair and changing your name... got the picture??? I wouldn't buy it, there is no reason for removing the sticker other than insanity or wanting to cover up something...
If you are still lusting over it post the auction on the authenticate thread.

:sad:hey, I removed my hologram sticker the second I got my bag home. It just peels off. I didn't know any better and my bag is a classic jumbo flap. Merde! I'm just saying....

With my next bag, I saved the sticker and put it on my authenticity card. I use my bags every day and have a ton of stuff in them. I don't like the gooey sticker. My only mistake was throwing the sticker away with my first purchase. Live and learn.

:tdown: No no no no, nobody sane would remove the hologram sticker, it's like burning your fingerprints... scratching a gun's serial number, dying your hair and changing your name... got the picture??? I wouldn't buy it, there is no reason for removing the sticker other than insanity or wanting to cover up something...
If you are still lusting over it post the auction on the authenticate thread.

So I'm insane !!!! How will I sleep tonite? :wtf:

I stick to my previous post.
It's very simple, once you own something you can do anything you want to it. As far as I'm concerned you can paint yellow polka dots on it but all you are doing is devaluating your bag. That silly sticker and card are somewhat important for authenticity even if they can be found in a fake bags. It's just a bit odd to me that she would remove the label on purpose especially in this case where she really was not planning on keeping the bag in the first place. If that doesn't bother you it's a good buy, to me it's a bit shady.

If that doesn't bother you it's a good buy, to me it's a bit shady.

A lot of what I see on ebay is shady. On the really good fakes, and there are plenty, authenticity cards etc. are just as well made as the bag.
If you want an authentic bag, save your money and buy it from a retail store that sells Chanel. As far as saving receipts etc., if you think you're going to sell a bag in the future, I'd save everything. If not, well then, it's your bag and you can do what you want. And yes, I agree that keeping everything is part of the bag's value. But the biggest value, for me, is enjoying my bag.
And katie123, thanks for giving me my first giggle of the day.

It seemed to me that that sticker was pretty easy to get off. Just saying that while I understand why someone may think it's "shady" know that if it's an older bag, it makes sense to me. It isn't exactly on there for dear life...