Removal of Silicone Implant + Tip Graft

HiyaSunshine

Mar 7, 2017
Hey everyone!! I need some advice~

I had primary rhinoplasty about 7 months ago. I had bulbous nose reduction, alarplasty, osteotomy, silicone inserted, and tiplasty. I also have very thick/oily skin on my nose. I'm actually very happy with the way my nose looks from the front. It's basically exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, from the side, it looks REALLY TALL. Especially the tip. I can't tell if it's because of swelling at this point... or if it's how it'll be forever. Even if it were swelling, I highly doubt it would decrease to a size I would like. Do you have recommendations for me at this point? Can I keep how it looks from the front and also decrease how tall it is from the side? Should I get full on revision or just the implant/part of the tip removed (or is this basically revision?)

Any advice will be extremely helpful!

I had primary rhinoplasty about 7 months ago. I had bulbous nose reduction, alarplasty, osteotomy, silicone inserted, and tiplasty. I also have very thick/oily skin on my nose. I'm actually very happy with the way my nose looks from the front. It's basically exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, from the side, it looks REALLY TALL. Especially the tip. I can't tell if it's because of swelling at this point... or if it's how it'll be forever. Even if it were swelling, I highly doubt it would decrease to a size I would like. Do you have recommendations for me at this point? Can I keep how it looks from the front and also decrease how tall it is from the side? Should I get full on revision or just the implant/part of the tip removed (or is this basically revision?)

do you have pics? I think since its been 7 months, it should be close enough to the final result since most clinics recommend waiting 6 months for revision

My friend gone her's revisioned; her primary doctor said that it was possible, she also consulted with another doctor who told her to wait little more since her nose hasn't softened yet.
Think the scared tissues where still not healed; have checkup with your doctor.

where did you have your primary rhinoplasty done?