Reminisce...your very first trip to Hermes

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Razor's thread got me thinking about my very first maiden voyage to Hermes. I came out with a scarf that day, vowing to go back in a few years to get a bag. I will never forget the feeling I had the moment I entered the store that day.

So do any of you remember your VERY FIRST trip into an Hermes boutique? What was it like? Was it a fond memory?

2. I think it was about six years ago or so. Walked out with the bracelet that started my love affair with Hermes. I remember seeing a Birkin on the shelves (it was black togo w/ gold hw!) and whispering to DH about what it was and how it must be for display only because that bag has a waiting list a mile long. :lol:

3. Black togo Birkin on the shelf!!:nuts::nuts:

4. Back then I was too in awe to even ask to try it on! :roflmfao:

5. me too! 6 years ago I would have been nervous even looking at the bag showcase, much less asking to try on an Hermes bag (any bag!)

6. It must be 10 years ago.
    I was going to have my first job interview, and I wanted a little something to warm my boring Black suit.
    I came back with a Plissé "Dans les bois"...and, btw, I got the job ;)

7. About 4 years ago I walked into the one at AlaMoana Shopping center in Honolulu. I walked out 30 seconds later, completely overwhelmed. 2 years later I walked into another and bought a Kelly. It's been downhill ever since :graucho:

8. lol

I think most people really are overwhelmed when they first enter an Hermes boutique. There is something rather intimidating about it I suppose.

9. Good, I don't feel so alone :shame:. I was completely intimidated. That's a characteristic that doesn't come easily to me :P

10. About four years ago, I went on a business trip to Singapore. For anyone who's not been there, it's the ultimate shopping paradise.

I went into an Hermes store there and was greeted by a lovely SA. She must have shown me at least 20 different scarves and spent the next 40 minutes teaching me various ways to tie the my purchase (plisse). I was so impressed.

I haven't met any Hermes SA in the States who has impressed me this much.

11. Oh this is awkward, but it was last year and I was in the airport in Copenhagen. I had done some shopping and I still had a lot of money left, so I went in and ended up getting a cashmere (?) scarf which I'm actually wearing as I'm typing this (its COLD here!! :sad:). I have to admit that it may not have been as special as it could've been, but the service was nice and I love that scarf more than anything (I've already decided that the same scarf in black will be the first thing I'll buy when I get a job)

12. My first H exerperience was when I was 19. I was spending the summer bckpacking in europe with a bunch of friends, my mother said she wanted four H scarves in different colors. I walked in (I'm ashamed to say) with my pack and bought the four scarves. When the SA went to put the boxes in a bag I said no I would throw them in my pack. ( I had to catch a train) She was so horrified she offered I think three times to give me a bag! Heavens knows what she thought I would do with them!! I just remember her look when I walked out of the store...:shame:

13. My first Hermes visit took place in May. I left work early one Friday, and had plans to meet a friend for drinks and an early dinner. She called to let me know she was running late. I decided to go to Worth Avenue and walk around, since the weather was gorgeous. I walked past Hermes - at first I was a bit intimidated to go in. But then I turned around, walked over to the store, took a deep breath and went in. That's when I met my wonderful SA. I went back the next week and purchased a couple of small items. It's been an affair with orange ever since :love:

14. i must be the only person who doesn't remember :wtf: it was probably when i was 14 or so and had the energy to go into EVERY SINGLE shop on the whole of bond st just to window shop (being 14 i didn't have any money to be buying things in hermès :lol: ). the first time i purchased was in 2004 at the airport in geneva though, it was my beloved bal de bulles scarf. that wasn't my first, but the first i ever bought. i "borrowed" my mother's sextants scarf in 2003 and.. i still have it :whistle:

15. I Couldn't Tell You Exactly When, But, I Was Very Young With My Mother & Grandmother....I Just Remember Vibrant Scarves Everywhere ~ It Got Me Dreaming About Our Upcoming Vacation & Flying Kites On The Beach (I'm Guessing It Was Summer?!);)