REMINDER....NE PF Meeting Sat.22nd!!!

Sunshine said:
Traci you are lovely...I would have come if I was not at fat camp...lol!!! Im sure it would have been more fun than I had today!! :smile:

Oh Sunshine, thanks!!!! You are the sweetest!!!!!

Next time I hope will be better for everyone!!:yes: :yes:

It seems like this is a trend with these meetings. People commit to show up and then never do. Maybe we can all be honest and say why we commit to come and then not show up? Is it the location? Is it a fear of meeting new people? I just cannot buy that EVERYONE had something happen at the last minute. KWIM? I am not trying to start something..just a dialog that would help us have a better turn out in the future. The members who plan these meetings spend a lot of time and energy getting it together and its a shame when the turn out is so little. Any thoughts?

Selena said:
It seems like this is a trend with these meetings. People commit to show up and then never do. Maybe we can all be honest and say why we commit to come and then not show up? Is it the location? Is it a fear of meeting new people? I just cannot buy that EVERYONE had something happen at the last minute. KWIM? I am not trying to start something..just a dialog that would help us have a better turn out in the future. The members who plan these meetings spend a lot of time and energy getting it together and its a shame when the turn out is so little. Any thoughts?

Yes, I think you are right, I think that people maybe get nervous about meeting new people. But you know what Selena, it's okay because those people are the ones who lose out! We had a great day and I am just going to hope that in the future more people will want to have a great day with their fellow PF'rs!!!!!!

No NO I agree, and I certainly didnt mean to take anything away from your meeting. I hope you know that! :smile: I am glad you had a blast.
I am excited about the NY meeting coming up!!!!

Selena said:
No NO I agree, and I certainly didnt mean to take anything away from your meeting. I hope you know that! :smile: I am glad you had a blast.
I am excited about the NY meeting coming up!!!!

Oh I know! I was just saying......too bad for them!!:yes:

Your NYC meeting is the 19 or 20 of Aug. right? Guess what? My hubby said maybe we can make it, if we can get the in-laws to take kids that weekend, he says he'll take me on the train!!!!!

tr444 said:

Your NYC meeting is the 19 or 20 of Aug. right? Guess what? My hubby said maybe we can make it, if we can get the in-laws to take kids that weekend, he says he'll take me on the train!!!!!

Oh that would be fab!!!!!!!!!!!
I am really excited. I am going with my mom (Crazybaglady) and I might bring my daughter too (CarlyB). We shall see! :smile:

tr444 said:

Ohhh I'd love if you could come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vlad and I will be here :drinkup:

Megs said:
Ohhh I'd love if you could come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vlad and I will be here :drinkup:

I know!!!! That would be so great!!! I would LOVE to meet you guys! Well, hubby said maybe, so, as long as someone takes the kids (ha, notice I say someone like I don't care who, hee hee) he said we will go!

Hi everyone!

I wanted so badly to go ... had planned on it ... instead, spent most of the day in the E/R! I had had minor surgery (on my ear) on Wednesday, and as luck would have it, I had developed an infection. Friday, my ear started getting all red and I didn't feel too great. Came home and crashed (literally fell asleep at 7pm and didn't wake up until 7am!). Saturday, my ear was worse and I could tell that it had started to spread down to my glands so I called the Doctor and she said "go to the E/R" ... UGGH! Nothing worse than going to an E/R with something like that since they don't think it's too urgent. What fun ...

Oh yeah ... sorry I couldn't call you, but they don't allow you to use your cell phone in the E/R! Stupid rule ...

When in the Fall?

^ CeeJay sorry to hear about that!!!! Are you feeling better now??

Tr444- Ummm just bring the kids :graucho: But I hope someone can watch them and you can make it down here!!

Traci ~ Did A Fantastic Job! I'm So Glad You Had Such A Great Time! :smile:

When Traci First Posted. I Contacted Her Right Away (Much Of My Family Is Still In The Boston Area)....My Summer Had (Has!) A Lot More Going On Than I Anticipated.......I Tried To Assist In Planning. Traci Knows What She Loves! :smile:

As The Date Was Planned, It Would Have Been Too Much (I Would Be Traveling Across The Country. After A Very Long Week Before!!!!!).

Traci & I, Discussed This (A Month+ Before). She Was Wonderful About It. Offering To Meet Anytime. :smile:

TR ~ Is A Lovely, Lovely Person. TPF Is Very Lucky To Have Her!

Kara :smile:

I personally was a little anxious, not so much about meeting new people (love that!) but more about me going into the city totally alone - never did that before - and although I'm comfy with Boston in general - just being "alone" made it feel a little weird...but - my love of purses won and I'm so happy! Couldn't stop thinking all day about what fun it was....