Remember this one??

larnette

Organized Chaos
Nov 20, 2006
OK, remember that Eggplant city from a few days ago? The one with the $2500 Reserve Price?....

eBay: '04 RARE Eggplant Balenciaga City Bag (item 330062808793 end time Dec-23-06 16:32:46 PST)

Well, I went ahead and bid and ended up being the high bidder (for $1525)...obviously no where near the crazy reserve for this bag, but maybe the seller will come to her senses and offer me the bag anyway at my high bid price...(fingers crossed...)

I'm just baffled by why anyone would put such a high reserve on this auction...oh well, cross your fingers for me! :shrugs:

Okay ... I'm confused :confused1: :shrugs:

Why is it that an older bag that was NEVER used (and is also RARE) doesn't even get a *nibble* on eBay ... and yet one that is used and (yes) is somewhat RARE warrants a (IMHO) pretty high bid?!?!?!

This is slightly off topic, but do buyers actually read what the seller says? 3 people basically asked her the same questions. Did she ever actually send out the additional pics?

I am hoping she gives you this bag for your max bid as it is a great one. I think bid or no bids on a bag depends on what people are willing to pay and what color the bag is. Eggplant is a color that quite a few people are looking for so it goes for more. Sometimes I think that a great older bag may not get bids because those that want it either: already have one or don't have the funds to bid on it.

Thanks for your well-wishes everyone! Still no word from this crazy seller...I sent her an email yesterday asking if she'd consider selling it to me at my high bid price which, IMO, is absolutely fair for this bag (especially given the fact that she never sent out add'l pics!)...

still waiting...(fingers crossed--still)...:shrugs: