Remember the Hudson? A couple of questions...

rorosity

O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
The Hudson Satchel from 2006 and 2007 is one of my all time favorite MJ styles. I still own a few and I would love to add a solid black Hudon to my collection.

There was a black version with dark brown patent leather "stripes" that I owned, but ended up selling. I would like to find the solid black version with a black body and black stripes. I just can't remember if this style was:

1. Only sold in boutiques in Spring 2007?
2. Only came with burgundy leather lining or were there solid black Hudsons that had all teal lining?
3. Were the "black "stripes" patent or regular leather?

The reason I ask these questions is that photos on the internet are deceiving based on what type of lighting was used.

I know it's been quite awhile since there has been a thorough Hudson discussion, but I am hoping there might be some "old timers" that peek into this forum every so often and remember the heydey of my beloved Hudson. ;)

Thanks!
J

I still love the hudson and other striping bags and the solid black was a boutique exclusive and the lining was burgundy and i seem to remember that the stripes were not shiny. I have a solid dark brown with burgundy lining and need to check if regular leather or patent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using PurseForum mobile app

Thanks! I am pretty sure you are spot on with that info. I think it's going to be a rare find, but those show up every so often. I'd love to find a sold black or brown Hudson. I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for it so that I don't miss it if it ever shows up.

J.

Think they only produced 10 brown ones. Do you remember jj she wsd grom chicago and posted a lot years ago? Ive not seen any for sale anywhere for years and the only solid black ones were damaged. Good luck and if you'll come across one it shouldn't be expensive, no one seems to be interested in mj anymore.

i still have a bunch of MJ Striping line. Hudsons and the bowlers. They are still such gorgeous handbags!
I agree. I think the Hudson, along with lots of MJ styles, stand the test of time. I still have most of my striping bags. I did sell the white (too impractical, although beautiful) and the Black with brown stripes. I finally found a Chili Hudson and it should be arriving today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the condition is as described.

After a long hiatus from buying MJ bags, I've actually been purchasing quite a few lately. The prices for rare bags that I always loved have dropped considerably and I know these styles will work for me for a very long time. I just wore a small Bianca clutch out to dinner last night and it was such a pleasure to carry. It's amazing how great the quality of those older bags were. It's funny how I still really love MJ and I don't think that's ever going to change.

I'm going to post my recent purchases when I finally get them all together. I think it will be fun to have some new threads about the older styles that are still out there waiting to find new homes. ;)

Reactions: Luv n bags
I never bought anything from the striping line but always admired and loved those styles. I am with you, rorosity, I will always love MJ! I recently bought a cross body black quilted single for a song and can't wait to use it!

LADIES....it has been SO LONG since I have been on the MJ FORUM....I still have a few of his bags i dont wear but love them ...I need to catch up as to what has been gorgeous in the last few years
I had started the HUDSON club thread years ago!! nice to be back

oh i stll have a never used chocolate brown HUDSON just love it I NEVER WORE IT...
i have one little metal piece on it that is loose need to fix but it is gorgeous
have you been looking on ebay where else
but again please keep me posted on what is new and gorgeous

oh i stll have a never used chocolate brown HUDSON just love it I NEVER WORE IT...
i have one little metal piece on it that is loose need to fix but it is gorgeous
have you been looking on ebay where else
but again please keep me posted on what is new and gorgeous
welcome back! the MJ forum is sadly pretty slow these days :/ i wish more people posted.

if anyone is looking for a Hudson, btw, this is very reasonably priced
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARC-JACOBS...er-Racing-Stripe-Top-Handle-Bag-/292207692048

Hi everyone on the MJ site! I haven't been here in ages!

I am dismayed to see the price of the striping line. Remember when they were hard to find and a premium was paid for them?

I still have all my Hudsons, bowlers and every other MJ bag I was collecting. They are taking up a lot of room in my place. I never use them anymore, which is sad.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and check in!

Hi everyone on the MJ site! I haven't been here in ages!

I am dismayed to see the price of the striping line. Remember when they were hard to find and a premium was paid for them?

I still have all my Hudsons, bowlers and every other MJ bag I was collecting. They are taking up a lot of room in my place. I never use them anymore, which is sad.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and check in!
Hardly anyone else has, either lol Good to see you posting here again!

I've noticed that other colors from the Striping line seem to sell OK. Everyone who wanted Chili I guess has one already.

Which bags do you still have? I vaguely recall you having a collection thread, but either I can't find it or I'm misremembering.

I've thought of doing a collection thread, but I don't know if anyone would look these days :/ I still only collect and use MJ - I might be a unicorn, though.

Hardly anyone else has, either lol Good to see you posting here again!

I've noticed that other colors from the Striping line seem to sell OK. Everyone who wanted Chili I guess has one already.

Which bags do you still have? I vaguely recall you having a collection thread, but either I can't find it or I'm misremembering.

I've thought of doing a collection thread, but I don't know if anyone would look these days :/ I still only collect and use MJ - I might be a unicorn, though.

Hi Faith ann!

I have all my Stams, little Stams, Blakes, Venetias, wallets, Icys and multipockets. I think I have three huge plastic tubs that contain all the MJs. I plan to go through these bins in the next few months.

My main handbags are Balenciaga's. I love them and, of course, have a rainbow of colors. I also started collecting Chanel's and Valentino's.

Maybe if I sold all my MJ's I could afford a Hermes Birkin. I need at least one in my collection!

I wonder what happened to everyone else? JunMachina, Pursemonkey? Do you keep in touch with them?

Hi Faith ann!

I have all my Stams, little Stams, Blakes, Venetias, wallets, Icys and multipockets. I think I have three huge plastic tubs that contain all the MJs. I plan to go through these bins in the next few months.

My main handbags are Balenciaga's. I love them and, of course, have a rainbow of colors. I also started collecting Chanel's and Valentino's.

Maybe if I sold all my MJ's I could afford a Hermes Birkin. I need at least one in my collection!

I wonder what happened to everyone else? JunMachina, Pursemonkey? Do you keep in touch with them?
Oh, the classic quilted bags! I don't have many of those left.

Balenciaga is my "one day..." label. The colours are stunning. You moved onto pretty things ;)

Not aside from the occasional comment on FB or Insta. I miss when the forum was active. It was fun to see new bags posted all the time.