Remember my PayPal Claim? PayPal sided with the SELLER! RANT!

I agree. The only time threats are called for is when seller knowingly and willfully deals in counterfeits. This man has been kind throughout the process. Appeal to his conscience and hopefully he'll do the right thing. If not, you'll have no choice other than to proceed accordingly.. He'll probably come around. Good Luck to you.

How aggravating! Whether he has been wonderful up until now or not, he is outright stealing from you! If you paid with cc, I would dispute that immediately. Otherwise, report him to his local police...that should like a fire under his butt!

That's awful!! How does someone like that sleep at night? What a jerk..

I agree though, don't threaten him unless there is no possibility of him refunding you.. definitely try to get a copy of the UPS claim. You can use the tracking number to find info on the claim online I think. If it's online, you can print that out and use it as proof.

The CC chargeback is a good idea too. They will hopefully side with you if you have the UPS claim available.

Good luck!!

sorry but I honestly don't think this person derserves nice treatment - theft is as bad as dealing with counterfeits. being nice and stealing is not good - and don't give up just bec it is a low amount. this really gets to me bec i was recently in the seller's position (not my fault but the seller's) and had money and item. I honestly couldn't sleep properly, so I wonder how he does.

I would do the following, which I have done with buyers: I would suggest that you very politely tell him that he has kept your money (if he filed for more than the actual cost he is still making a handsome extra profit, right? so he can give you your money anyway) and that you are hoping for a refund. wait for his response. I would even send a letter (you can get his info off ebay, right?) - and if he does not respond etc I would send him another email saying that you will pass this matter on to a lawyer. for me this has always worked. not sure about the legal realities over in US bec you have different state situations etc... anyway, this is just what I would do. and of course you could always do a chargeback and/or go to the police

I am sorry about this. it is so upsetting. best of luck with getting your money back.