Remedy for indented/ flattened diamonds

So, I just got a black Maxi caviar flap with gold hardware and about three of the quilted diamonds on the bag have indentations or depressions. It's pretty subtle, but it bothers me. I was wondering if there's any means of remedying this, either on my own or through Chanel repair services. I tried massaging the leather, but I can still feel the indentation when I run my finger over the leather. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance :smile:

There is no fix.

Hmm, maybe C should put a refiller mechanism where you can pump up the purse or give it a shot of steroids. Joking aside, perhaps it is best to buy reissues as they don't seem to suffer the same fate as classic flaps.

The bag is brand new with the tag still on :sad: I'm so upset there's no way to fix this. I expected this with lambskin bags, but I'm so surprised it happens to caviar bags, too. The only other classic flaps I have are two reissues that wear beautifully. I've been wanting a caviar maxi for so long, and now that I have it, I'm a bit disappointed.

There is no fix.

Hmm, maybe C should put a refiller mechanism where you can pump up the purse or give it a shot of steroids. Joking aside, perhaps it is best to buy reissues as they don't seem to suffer the same fate as classic flaps.

Why is that? Are they constructed differently?

It happens to some of the newer bags. If you love it so much, maybe go to the dept stores with the Chanel boutiques & inspect all of their bags to find the perfect one. There's no guarantee that it won't happen again. At least with the dept stores, they stand by their products & are willing to make you happy. If not, have you considered the vintage XL bags? It's the size of the maxi & the quality was so much better back then. The only downfall is that you'd have to buy it pre-owned. I agree that the reissues haven't had so many issues as the flaps. Wonder why..

Keep us posted.

Oh my god. brand new?!!

If it's brand new with tag, and unused, bring it back to the store with ur receipt. They should change for you.

The problem that i am facing with mine is because they said i have used it. So it's normal wear! despite only using for abt 10 hours or less.

In my opinion and from my experience, Chanel is not a very quality-proud brand. I have more than 10 classic flaps, the maxi that i sent back though they insisted is a normal wear, i insist it is a defective bag.

Like my hubby said, the number of flaps i owned increased the probability of me getting a defective one. I agree. I am just disappointed with Chanel for not assuring good quality despite its high pricings. I paid so much for their bags and there's no assurance. I am not one who gets very upset over wear and tear issues. As much as I baby my bag I am enjoying them thoroughly, i'm not a slave to my bags. Anyway, just my luck. I am not buying anymore chanel bags.

Wish you luck and keep us posted.

The bag is brand new with the tag still on :sad: I'm so upset there's no way to fix this. I expected this with lambskin bags, but I'm so surprised it happens to caviar bags, too. The only other classic flaps I have are two reissues that wear beautifully. I've been wanting a caviar maxi for so long, and now that I have it, I'm a bit disappointed.

it really sucks and i have similar issue near the flap 'U' shape area. and i dont put much things in my jumbo. so there is no way to massage it. i will avoid even massaging it to avoid it from 'sinking' further. if the tag is still on, return it for a new pc is better. I feel that the whole bag will sink even further once u start using it