Relief for Pain of High Heels ?

Christina2

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
Saw these ads on the internet. Has anyone seen or used this product? Sounds like it could be a lifesaver !

Is this the end of high heel pain forever? New spray that numbs feet is set to revolutionize how women wear stilettos by Olivia Fleming
High heel pain could soon be a thing of the past, no matter how high your stilettos are. A new numbing spray, Heel No Pain by Biochemistry claims to relieve foot pain for up to three hours; and is set to be released in the U.S. just in time for New Years Eve. 'The pain simply dissipates and lasts two to three hours,' Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Randal Haworth, who developed the spray, told MailOnline. 'It's certainly enough to get you through a red carpet event.' Set to be released in two weeks on Biochemistry's website, and soon to be available in specialty stores such as Foot Locker and Walgreens, one ounce (handbag size) of Heel No Pain retails for $15, and a four ounce bottle (home size) sells for $32. 'Hopefully it will be as common as Tylenol,' said Dr Haworth, who added that the spray has been in development for over two years. 'The idea came mostly from women who wanted me to put pads on the balls of their feet. I tried injections, but they are painful and gave mixed results,' he explained. 'Heel No Pain is basically a painkiller with heat treatment, so it is able to penetrate the skin. Unlike getting an injection, the spray doesn't take away protective pain reflexes. The pain simply dissipates.' The spray's development was also personal, however. 'I suffer my own fair share of foot pain,' said Dr Haworth. 'I'm a fashionista at heart, and I like stylish shoes.'

Set to be released in two weeks on Biochemistry's website, and soon to be available in specialty stores such as Foot Locker and Walgreens, a one ounce (handbag size) bottle of Heel No Pain retails for $15

Sophie Potts, who manages events at New York's Neuehouse, tried a sample of the product earlier this week. After spending seven hours on her feet in four-inch heels, she said two applications of Heel No Pain 'completely changed her day'.'Obviously the discomfort of wearing heels doesn't just magically disappear, but the pain -- that pain that makes you want to take your shoes off, or sit down -- was gone.'FDA approved, the formula takes ten to 15 minutes to take effect, and works on 70per cent of people who try it. A limit of four applications per 24 hours is recommended. The spray, which contains lidocaine HCI - most commonly administered by dentists and doctors and clinically-proven to safely deaden pain, has also been approved by the International Olympic Committee for use by sports contenders. 'Boxers, cyclists, you name it, they can spray it anywhere it hurts. They can spray it on their thighs even,' said Dr Haworth, adding that he is also working on a medical formula of the product, which will help people who have arthritis and orthopedic problems. 'But for those heel-o-holics who have constant pain, it might just be time to finally rethink your footwear - go for something even higher and tighter !,' admitted Dr Haworth.

HEEL NO PAIN / Style, Available Now! - Total foot comfort is only a spray away
Say hello to Biochemistry™ Heel No Pain / Style for fashionistas who can’t sacrifice their stilettos. It is fully compliant with the standards set forth by the IOC (International Olympic Committee) and WADA (World Anti Doping Agency). Developed by famed Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Dr. Randal Haworth, these are the only foot products to contain lidocaine hydrochloride-normally administered by dentists and doctors-in the strongest, over-the-counter concentrations available in a quick and easy spray. It is available in two sizes; 2 fl. oz for home and a compact 1 fl. oz for her purse.

Hmm, maybe, but I don't think it's a good idea to over-use this sort of thing. We can practice all we want and relieve pain temporarily, but ignoring pain by numbing it sounds like a recipe for more damage down the line.

Hmm, maybe, but I don't think it's a good idea to over-use this sort of thing. We can practice all we want and relieve pain temporarily, but ignoring pain by numbing it sounds like a recipe for more damage down the line.
I agree. Nerves send signals to the brain that something is harming our body. If we do not feel the pain, i.e., the brain not receiving the vital information, the body part in question would be further damaged even to the point of no return. I personally would not use them and just as LolasCloset says, prefer to work on molding the shoes to our feet over time.

It is very dangerous. The pain is there to make you remember you are damaging your feet. If you remove the pain, you completely forget that you increase the damage.

Medical treatment of the feet are expensive. And if you can't walk anymore or get ugly feet, it will be really psychologicakly painful for you.

Forget about this option, and optimize heels wearing.

Really? I love cl. Owns a few but never wore them more than 2hours. It is beautiful but the best moment of cl I think its when you take it off. It feels aahhhhhhh

I often take a painkiller combined with rubbing the soles of my feet with Volterol which contains a mild form of Lidocaine because I injured my left foot a few years ago and its helped me to wear my heels for a night out. I don't see a problem with using something occasionally to help ease the discomfort of heels but do agree that it may lead to some ladies using it too much and possibly causing more problems by ignoring pain. I will try it if it makes it to the UK though...

Surely this is basically the same as they use of athletes to relieve pain, not a good idea .

My solution is a couple of cocktails, good company and a bar stool/chair :smile:

I always wonder how ballerinas cope. I developed corns on the knuckles on both my pinky toes and had to have them surgically removed for wearing heels constantly and it still hurts. Ballerinas must go through even more.

I always wonder how ballerinas cope. I developed corns on the knuckles on both my pinky toes and had to have them surgically removed for wearing heels constantly and it still hurts. Ballerinas must go through even more.

Hi Helen I came across this post and thought I for one has probably the worst shaped feet from constantly and just like you had surgery to remove several corns. I once was given a small can of spray that when applied to sore area is bunion joints or ball,s , pad area was like wow I could squeeze my feet back into my fav Loubies ! .Reff ballerinas they suffer alot and when affected with corn pain etc they could really benefit from this numbing spray ,as a ex ballerina of 20 years I wonder if they use such stuff now ? .

Any spray or chemical of any kind we put on our bodies is absorbed and goes through our livers and kidneys and every other organ in our body. You have to ask yourself if it's worth the possible long term heath risks that could be involved.

Frankly any item like this just sounds like snake oil.

Any spray or chemical of any kind we put on our bodies is absorbed and goes through our livers and kidneys and every other organ in our body. You have to ask yourself if it's worth the possible long term heath risks that could be involved.

Frankly any item like this just sounds like snake oil.

Agree & why just find a more comfortable pair of shoes to wear??

I don't even use the callous remover that they suggest at my nail salon
for a pedicure..thanks but no thanks...

Why look for potential health issues when there are so many other
options available?