Relationship issue (long post!)

I dont understand why some guys insist on their right to have female friends. Why cant they have friends that are males? My boyfriend hangs out with males. I hang out with females. We both agree that being friends with someone of the opposite sex poses too many problems.

Such as?

I have numerous female friends, and my gf has numerous male friends. We've yet to hit any problems.

honestly, i think a break = break up most of the time. i had this issue with an ex and realized the hard way that his term of "break" meant being able to see other people. also he was in a frat too. not to stereotype or anything but i have lots and lots of guy friends in frats and they use most of the parties for hook ups and etc. i think it's good that you realize you need to be your own person now but i don't think you should go through this break with an expectation that you'll get back together because it will be tough if it doesn't happen. i hope things work out for you but you should just try to make yourself happy especially in college