Rekindled the love for Chloe. Which next?!

Which bag to hunt for?

• Chloe Tess - Large

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Chloe Faye Day - Medium

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

NaturalMystic

Feb 20, 2014
Hello all! Longtime lurker here, I'd appreciate your input, as my poor husband is tired of hearing the same thing over and over, lol.
I recently acquired a new Chloe Marcie in Earthy Red, and this gorgeous leather piece renewed my love for the brand. My only other Chloe item was a Paddington in whiskey from way back when - it was my very first premier designer bag purchase.

I don't know why I waited so long to buy a Marcie, but whew - she delivers!!! Basically, I'd like to add another Chloe bag to my list for consideration - I know I just got one, but a girl can dream/sell other bags, lol!

I am looking at either a Faye Day in medium, or a large Tess. Pretty much the same colorway for either - motty gray or sepia brown/tan. I've never been one to really follow trends, so I dont really consider its current popularity too much. I just want it to be great quality and functional. Both are beautiful and seem to be well made - I've only seen the Tess once and the small sized Faye Day before this series of unfortunate events hit the world. I'm also 5'8" and plus sized, so strap length is something to think about. (On a side note, I try not to let my size dictate my bag purchases, though I've been told on several occasions that I should get larger bags because small bags look odd on me - way to kill my vibe. Oh well, if I love and can afford it, then I'm gonna rock it, while they watch my 'big' self walk away with it.)

Thoughts and/or opinions?
Thank you for your time, and stay safe!

chloe-Gray-Large-Tess-Bag.jpeg
fayeday.jpg

Reactions: C.Ly

Citosgirl

Jan 25, 2019
Both! I kid. But they are two amazing choices.

As a plus size gal, I hate that advice too! Though I tend towards larger bags because I carry everything and the kitchen sink with me.

I voted for the day bag, as I feel like the rectangle shape would fit more, but they are both beautiful (the Tess day bag is also a great combo of the two). Be sure to let us know what you get!

Roie55

O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
www.pinterest.com.au
Love both, I have just bought the large Faye in Maroon but also love the Tess,
I think the Tess is very sturdy, seems stronger and less affected by knocking about, also has a more adjustable strap. The Faye seems a little more delicate, softer? Many have suede, the strap doesnt adjust a lot, i will add some extra circle rings to mine to make it longer. But it does hold more.
I dont care about trends, i bought my first Faye this year, have just bought another paraty and a paddington, they are cheap now. The Paraty is an amazing fit everything bag too. Love my Marcie - its huge and goregous purple. I dont care what other people say, Chloe still has the best Leather for thickness and softness and the best colours. If you need something huge look at the Edith - there are some rare ones with long straps.

NaturalMystic

Feb 20, 2014
Both! I kid. But they are two amazing choices.

As a plus size gal, I hate that advice too! Though I tend towards larger bags because I carry everything and the kitchen sink with me.

I voted for the day bag, as I feel like the rectangle shape would fit more, but they are both beautiful (the Tess day bag is also a great combo of the two). Be sure to let us know what you get!
Thanks for the reply! I admit I felt a little apprehensive after posting my little rant, lol. Ah, well. It is what it is. I definitely love bigger bags - my favorite is the LV Delightful - it's my workhorse!

I'll definitely share whatever it may be. I'd love to have both, but then I'd really be in the dog house! One target at a time I suppose! :biggrin:

Reactions: Citosgirl

NaturalMystic

Feb 20, 2014
Love both, I have just bought the large Faye in Maroon but also love the Tess,
I think the Tess is very sturdy, seems stronger and less affected by knocking about, also has a more adjustable strap. The Faye seems a little more delicate, softer? Many have suede, the strap doesnt adjust a lot, i will add some extra circle rings to mine to make it longer. But it does hold more.
I dont care about trends, i bought my first Faye this year, have just bought another paraty and a paddington, they are cheap now. The Paraty is an amazing fit everything bag too. Love my Marcie - its huge and goregous purple. I dont care what other people say, Chloe still has the best Leather for thickness and softness and the best colours. If you need something huge look at the Edith - there are some rare ones with long straps.
Thank you for the response! Gosh I bet that maroon Faye is gorgeous in person. Thank you as well for the input - makes a lot of sense with the Tess seeming more sturdy than the Faye. Hm. I suppose it's just a matter of timing/sales and making up my mind. I'd love to have both - maybe a little later down the line. I also agree that Chloe has some of the best leather and colors. With the paddington being my first ever luxury handbag, it set the bar for what I feel quality to be. I have and have had several bags in the past where it felt so...not as well made?
Cheers!

Reactions: Roie55

hja

O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
Hi! I am pretty late to reply and you would have probably made your choice. I voted for the Tess. Just got mine in the small size (posted it in the Chloe Family Photo Album) and totally love the look. Even hubby commented what a cute bag it is. What did you decide?

Reactions: Roie55

NaturalMystic

Feb 20, 2014
Hi! I am pretty late to reply and you would have probably made your choice. I voted for the Tess. Just got mine in the small size (posted it in the Chloe Family Photo Album) and totally love the look. Even hubby commented what a cute bag it is. What did you decide?
I love the colorway you chose! I actually ended up getting the large Tess in motty gray.:yahoo:I'll try to remember to post a picture tomorrow. I love the shape of it, its so unlike anything else I have in my collection. I also love how sturdy it is, and I actually like the clanging of all the hardware, lol. Thank you for your response, it's so nice to converse with people who enjoy handbags as much as I do. The husband is a good sport about my enthusiasm, but I think that's because he knows it makes me happy, lol. Congratulations on your new beauty!

hja

O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
Congrats on your grey beauty! The motty grey is such a classic colour-I am sure you will get lots of use with your little beauty. I certainly agree that the Tess is a sturdy little bag and so versatile with both the long and short straps. I can't wait to use mine-haven't had a chance yet as we are in partial controlled movement. You are definitely lucky to have a supportive hubby! :tup:

Jereni

Dec 28, 2014
Congrats on your new Tess! I just bought the Tess wallet-on-chain the other day and it doesn’t hold much but sure is a unique look. Post mod shots if you take any!

Reactions: Sunfall77
Jan 30, 2021
Hello all.

I would like to purchase a classic bag. I'm a busy girl and need to have enough space to carry my laptop in the bag (A4 format).
I like chloe, but any other nice designer bag is welcomed (please do not recommend bags like LV and chanel - I don't have to have a bag that everyone would recognise).
I want something durable, ideally with cross body strap and handles with good quality, a bag that can carry a lot and look great (with price tag under 2000 dollars).

Would you recommend any bag to me?

Thank you.

Citosgirl

Jan 25, 2019
Hello all.

I would like to purchase a classic bag. I'm a busy girl and need to have enough space to carry my laptop in the bag (A4 format).
I like chloe, but any other nice designer bag is welcomed (please do not recommend bags like LV and chanel - I don't have to have a bag that everyone would recognise).
I want something durable, ideally with cross body strap and handles with good quality, a bag that can carry a lot and look great (with price tag under 2000 dollars).

Would you recommend any bag to me?

Thank you.
I love Chloe for work bags. A Marcie may work for you; I think you can add a strap. It’s my dream work bag, actually, and I’m just waiting to find the perfect one preloved. Perhaps a large paraty would work. That one comes with a strap.

If you are looking for brands similar to the aesthetic of Chloe, I think Mulberry and Balenciaga are good choices. Also, Miu Miu.

I have a Miu Miu east west satchel, and a mulberry bayswater tote, and they are my go to work bags (pictures below). Both are roomy and for my laptop, pencil case, and many files folders. The Miu Miu comes with a short strap that can go crossbody in a pinch. The tote doesn’t have a strap, but the Mulberry Alexa does. I find mulberry amazing quality with an excellent price, but not flashy, which is what I want in a work bag. Sigh, I miss my work bags!

If you want something a little more structured, YSL may be a good one to check out.

Good luck!

D977B624-396D-4C9C-86B7-50CC35DB77B4.jpeg

Reactions: C.Ly
Jan 30, 2021
I love Chloe for work bags. A Marcie may work for you; I think you can add a strap. It’s my dream work bag, actually, and I’m just waiting to find the perfect one preloved. Perhaps a large paraty would work. That one comes with a strap.

If you are looking for brands similar to the aesthetic of Chloe, I think Mulberry and Balenciaga are good choices. Also, Miu Miu.

I have a Miu Miu east west satchel, and a mulberry bayswater tote, and they are my go to work bags (pictures below). Both are roomy and for my laptop, pencil case, and many files folders. The Miu Miu comes with a short strap that can go crossbody in a pinch. The tote doesn’t have a strap, but the Mulberry Alexa does. I find mulberry amazing quality with an excellent price, but not flashy, which is what I want in a work bag. Sigh, I miss my work bags!

If you want something a little more structured, YSL may be a good one to check out.

Good luck!

View attachment 4975071
Thank you so much for the tips, much appreciated! Actually, I have my eyes on Chloe Marcie (large) at the moment. I'm going to check the bags you recommend and hopefully, I will find THE ONE.

Roie55

O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
www.pinterest.com.au
I have a large Marcie and im not sure about it being able to fit a laptop. Many of the Balenciaga styles will work, any City or Part time will work.
An older style Chloe thats perfect for laptops and Uni is the Edith. I have a regular one, they also come in large. Mine has no strap, but some do. Its Classic old school Chloe.
1612234098987.png

Some other Chloes to look up. Aby tote, Baylee tote, Vick tote, Milo tote, Even the new Darryl line has a tote version

Jan 30, 2021
I have a large Marcie and im not sure about it being able to fit a laptop. Many of the Balenciaga styles will work, any City or Part time will work.
An older style Chloe thats perfect for laptops and Uni is the Edith. I have a regular one, they also come in large. Mine has no strap, but some do. Its Classic old school Chloe.
View attachment 4977110

Some other Chloes to look up. Aby tote, Baylee tote, Vick tote, Milo tote, Even the new Darryl line has a tote version
Thank you so much for the tips. Are you happy with your marcie? I know many ladies love their medium marcies, but to be honest, this is the size that seems strange to me - not that big to fit books or laptop, but too big for running errands.. That's why I was thinking about the large one (i think my laptop would fit, but i will cross-check it).

Roie55

O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
www.pinterest.com.au
Thank you so much for the tips. Are you happy with your marcie? I know many ladies love their medium marcies, but to be honest, this is the size that seems strange to me - not that big to fit books or laptop, but too big for running errands.. That's why I was thinking about the large one (i think my laptop would fit, but i will cross-check it).
I loooooooove my Marcie. Its the right size for me as a work bag, to fit all the usual stuff plus reader for the train trip to work. Its a dark purple/plum and such good leather. Here are the large measurements 14” H x 16” W x 6” D
i suppose you can fit the small laptops, you'd have to test it out. Mine doesn't fit.
Some pics for admiring the colour.

Attachments

Reactions: lili45