Reissue vs Classic Flap

Which Bag should I get

• Keep the Turquoise jumbo

• Get the metallic silver reissue with SHW

• Get the pink-gold reissue with RHW

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love reissues! The 226 is the perfect size for me and it is light. The jumbo can kill my shoulders if I overload it or carry it for too long. Agree with Elizshop that the metallic silver or pink gold will be good year round. You sound like you have some doubts about the patent jumbo.

I've seen both the silver and pink gold metallic reissues and both are really stunning. My last bag purchase was a reissue and I was choosing among all the metallics but ultimately went for the beige patent. The pink gold is gorgeous-I really love it. I just wasn't so sure about the leather. I think my SA told me they are metallic lamb. I'm not afraid of lamb per se but I didn't know how this treatment may hold up in the long run, and whether it would scratch easily. I remember reading on here someone said her SA told her it is going to be a delicate bag. You may want to quiz your SA and look into it some more. Good luck!

thank you everyone for your replays I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, I had to have my wisdom teeth removed and have been sort of out of it after the surgery, but I am going back to the botique tommorow and will most likely get one of the reissues will let you all know what I decide ☺️

My 226 metallic prune is 2 years old, I use it frequently and it shows absolutely no signs of wear and tear. As far as compared to the double flap jumbo, the 226 is lighter, the chain is shorter and holds less than the jumbo, but not much less. Please post pics of your new bag.

Hmmm... tough one. The Jumbo in that shade IS like everyone said a summer bag. I have an older patent turquoise/green from 3 years ago which I wear a LOT daily from spring to autumn. I enjoy it so much and I find people compliment me on it non stop.

I am torn between telling you to keep the jumbo as it is such a striking bag and color and going for a re-issue. I slightly disagree with the comments above saying the metallic reissues are year round bags. Personally I think if you are talking about the all black or a grey.. yes. But metallics to me (especially lighter ones) make me nervous in winter weather. I know they are pretty tough.. but would I allow a light metallic to be rained and snowed on? No! And would I wear a light metallic with dark colored winter clothes and risk even the tiniest bit of transfer? Again no!

So I'm going with my gut (even though you've already probably given it back) and saying keep the jumbo!

hello everyone thanks for your responses I did return the jumbo yesterday with the full intention of getting the silver reissue and even though I had called them to make sure that they had it in stock, I guess there was a mix up and the only had a gold 2.55 in stock! I can't get the silver out of my head and even visited the local chanel inside saks to see if they had it unfortunately they didn't I am however traveling upstate so I'll go to the Chanel boutique there and the one inside saks in Connecticut to see if maybe they have it that was the perfect shade of silver I'm hoping I do find it :sad: !

thank you everyone for your replays I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, I had to have my wisdom teeth removed and have been sort of out of it after the surgery, but I am going back to the botique tommorow and will most likely get one of the reissues will let you all know what I decide ☺️

You may get in trouble at Chanel without the wisdom teeth. :lol: Though, I would say that you cannot go wrong with any of the metallic reissues. Good luck finding the perfect one for you.

You may get in trouble at Chanel without the wisdom teeth. :lol: Though, I would say that you cannot go wrong with any of the metallic reissues. Good luck finding the perfect one for you.

ahhh you are probably right, lol but I probably won't regret this trouble lol thankyou I am going to hold out for my perfect silver reissue