Reissue versus Flap

Reissue or Classic Flap?

• Reissue

• Classic Flap

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love both but depends on size and color. For red, I love it more on the classic flaps. The red seems more vibrant even with the same color code maybe coz on both caviar and lambskin, the leather still smoother than the aged calfskin on the reissue. Overall tho I prefer classics in the small/medium size and reissues in the larger sizes. I use my medium cfs a lot. I also got my first jumbo this year but for bigger bags, I still really love how light the reissue is so still find myself using that more.

One more option if ur wanting red, maybe a Chanel boy? I think a red boy would look stunning and it gives a cross body option too. I saw from my SA's Chanel catalogue that the spring collection has some new boy designs in a gorgeous red :biggrin:

I vote reissue! In general, I think a color like red is better balanced against the "under the radar" hardware of the reissue, sometimes I feel like the classic flap hardware + color = too in your face. Pretty, but louder than a reissue, kwim? I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with - do you want beautiful color but an understated look (as far as the brand goes) or do you want your bag to say BAM, I'm wearing Chanel? lol. Nothing wrong with either option, it's just down to what you like best!

Is there a picture yet of the 13P reissue?

I vote reissue! In general, I think a color like red is better balanced against the "under the radar" hardware of the reissue, sometimes I feel like the classic flap hardware + color = too in your face. Pretty, but louder than a reissue, kwim? I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with - do you want beautiful color but an understated look (as far as the brand goes) or do you want your bag to say BAM, I'm wearing Chanel? lol. Nothing wrong with either option, it's just down to what you like best!

Is there a picture yet of the 13P reissue?

There was one pictured in one of the threads; it looks to be a really yummy color, very vibrant red.

I love both equally and alternate purchasing classics and reissues. My favorite size is the 226 reissue since I find that it is the most versatile and functional.

I agree that for me, the 226 is the perfect size. My grey anniversary reissue is a 226, and it's a great size. :smile: