Reissue tote - practical for a mom w/ toddler?

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
I'm in love. What can I say? I love the chic look of the bag and how it can be dressed up and down. I just want to ensure that the bag can withstand the items I need for a 2yo, sippy cup, snacks, and then my items. I don't carry a lot but want to make sure it'll be "sturdy" enough for play dates and normal errands. I'm a SAHM at the moment but that doesn't mean I have to look the part, lol!

Does it fit everything I need for those who have this bag or am I better of waiting until he gets a little older and does not require me to hold his snacks and water cup, etc?

Any help is appreciated. I tried this on w/ a tpf friend of mine and fell head over heels. I just want to make sure that if I'm dropping that much $ on a bag that it's got to be my work horse 110%.

Another question is.....is it tooooo streamlined or does it expand comfortably?

TIA!

My DD is 3 years old and it works well for me. She is potty trained now, but there's plenty of room for an extra diaper, wet wipes and a sippy cup. (Although I'd never put a sippy cup in there, LOL!) It doesn't expand too much and can look a little misshapen if overstuffed, but it's sooo easy to get in and out of, and so lightweight. Plus I can use it messenger style in case I need both arms to hold her!

i have a three year old, i wear the petite shopper tote everyday put milk bottles and snacks diaper ect. Much easier than a flap. you will get sick of opening and closing flap..trust me. plus do you really want to spill milk or juice on 3k leather? just my opinion but save the reissue for trips with out the baby, unless you have money to burn..I already ruined my bag...i feel sick about it but what can you do right? I m just bought a new jumbo to start over and fresh with, no milk this time.. lol

THanks for the input guys. Keep them coming please!!! I tried some stuff in there with a tpf friend the other week at NM and it seemed to be ok. There were no kids items in there though. That's why I was wondering.

Monique - I'm not interested in the flap. I wanted the tote where it's just a snap closure. ;)

Better yet, what can y'all usually fit inside your tote to give me a better perspective as to what will make it look toooooo bulky?

Last edited:
A, I love my reissue tote! At times, I have found it a bit difficult to get in and out of...maybe that is just me though.

It does have a great look. I do not carry a lot in my bags. I did carry it to the hospital one day while a friend was there having a procedure. I had more stuff than usual in it--book, sweater, etc...it didn't look as good all stuffed up. So with that said, it does expand but only so much and then it doesn't look as well.

I have gotten many compliments on this bag!

I have a 2&1/2 year old and about to have another baby on Tues. I bought the GST and LOVE how much I can fit in it. I like the 3 seperate compartments and that the zipper in the middle can hold all the "important" things. I stuff another pocket with snacks, toys and then the third with diapers and wipes. The outside pockets are where I put my "immediate" needs stuff i.e. costco card, coupons etc. It works well for me. Some people have said that the weight is bothersome and the straps fall. I have not experienced either issue BUT my son is huge and I am used to carrying him so that could be part of it too.

I did look at the reissue and loved the look, versatility and weight a lot but I was stuck on the idea of the 3 seperate compartments to eliminate having to search for things I needed quickly. HTH!!

Last edited:
I seperated the 2 ideas so it makes more sense that I was comparing the reissue vs. GST for mommies. Thanks for the heads up it was all kinda scrambled together!! I have prego brain what can I say.....................

I would think a GST might be better....only cause I'm an "old mom" and think they are timeless...wish I had had one 30 years ago!!!LOL....you'd always use it for something.......they wear like iron too..The tote is a great bag...I know I would probably cram too much in it and ruin it......IMHO............show pics!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think it would work great! Though my kids are older and I don't have to carry all the toddler essentials, I think it would definitely suit your needs. It is such a light weight bag and I don't have a problem with straps falling off my shoulder, which was a huge problem for me with the GST. Good luck with your decision! :smile:

I once had a GST but couldn't deal w/ the box-like structure. I know it's a great bag and I really love the look of it. I just can't deal w/ the bulkiness of it. That's why I loved the reissue tote so much but I know it's considerably more thin. That was my issue. I'm really drawn to the reissue look, the chain handles drive me wild!!

I don't think the reissue tote would hold enough or would start to look lumpy when you put stuff in it -- it's so narrow. I love the tote, but I think it's better as a purse.

I have it and i DO use it but I DONT think its great as an everyday bag with a toddler.
I use my LV totally MM tote the most cuz it has side pockets made for sippy cups.I wouldnt put Haydens sippy cups in my reissue tote..LOL..Id be toooo scrared(especially since Iva had 2 sippy cups explode in my LV!!!LMAO)