Reissue tote - practical for a mom w/ toddler?

ocgirl

O.G.
May 8, 2006
OC, California, USA
I think the GST would make a much better mommy tote than the reissue tote. The reissue tote is too narrow, and when overstuffed, it gets warped. I find it's made for flat things like files, etc.

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
Oh you gals are so very helpful...potentially saving me 2400+, lol!!! I guess I'm going to browse around some more and see if anything catches my eye. I know it won't be too long before that happens. At least I know it'll be around when the times comes when I don't need sippy cups and diapers.....ooohh, those days seem so far away. ;)

ryrybaby12

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
DMV
Well...what about the new twisted tote?? How are you girly?? It will get easier in about a year...then you may have another like me, and be back to square one...AND, you may get the darn reissue anyway!

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
I agree that you can use it but it's not the best... its shape will bulge a bit when you stuff it.

One more thing people never comment on, sometimes when I hold it open to try and find something, it slips off my shoulder and the double chain slides really quickly into one long chain... which I find annoying. Does this happen to anyone else?

ryrybaby12

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
DMV
I agree that you can use it but it's not the best... its shape will bulge a bit when you stuff it.

One more thing people never comment on, sometimes when I hold it open to try and find something, it slips off my shoulder and the double chain slides really quickly into one long chain... which I find annoying. Does this happen to anyone else?
Yep....agree. I thought I was the only one that thought that it was a pain!

Malinda

Dec 10, 2006
US
You're definitely a stylin' mom. If you're going to use sippy cups I'd double ziploc them. You don't want to have juice or milk leaking in your bag. If you only bring the absolute necessities with you, that would be fine; I would just place the bag out of reach of any hands, any liquids, etc.

nscwong

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Hong Kong

ITA! But it IS gorgeous! I'll just live with it.

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
I know, right??? It's just so dang stylish and chic I can't help but to yearn for it. I decided on a TOTALLY different route and went w/ a smalle reissue flap. I figure I can put it in a bigger bag. I usually carry a bigger Prada bag. I've been carrying it around the house to see if it's that practical. I have a problem, lol!!

Maybe in the near future, the bronze reissue tote will have my name on it.

Longchamp

O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Lost and found
^^ I love the bag you have, have same bag but w/ SHW, glad you got it. Not the best when out as Mom, but good for when you're out shopping or out w/ friends.

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
You're right...now the problem is struggling w/ the idea of dropping that much $$ on a bag I don't use on a daily basis. That is the rub.