Reissue so black 2.55 dilemma

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies,

I have a dilemma, I really want to add a reissue to my collection (it would be my first) and I bought this but I'm having doubts in terms of the hardware. I love gold hardware and love the chain detail on the reissue but kinda feel it gets washed out with the black hardware :sad: what are your thoughts?? I initially bought this because it's such a rare bag? (Also made in France!) But now am swaying back to my gold hardware ways. I found out that they have the same bag (chevron reissue) with gold hardware but it's made in Italy which is what I want minus the made in France part. What advice do you have? Are you bothered about made in France/Italy? Made in France makes it so much more special to me. I have a jumbo, GST and square mini all caviar leather with GHW. Thank you :smile:

Attached Files:

2. Nah, don't worry about that. All Chanel is made in both. You will find a lot of made in Italy bags, in fact if you were to get a Jumbo it almost 100% be MII. Some actually think's better. Go for the bag you love more.

3. If you are having doubts, then I'd say get what is calling to you. I love the reissue with the black on black, but it's true black with gold hw always pops.

adguru likes this.
  4. If your gut is saying "I want GHW" then that's what you should get :smile:

5. while i think the so black is AMAZING!! (wish i could get it myself right now), you have to love it. if it's gold you want, then go for the gold!! :yes:

6. Yes, I say go with your heart.. sometimes it's hard because you like a certain aspects of this bag, and certain aspects of the other bag..
    If you want to GHW, we could swap! I have the reissue chevron with GHW but wanted the soblack! LOL

7. Awww ladies THANK YOU so much for your opinions, you're all right I should go with a bag that I'm going to love. I will pop into the boutique have a little try comparison and make my decision. Although I think I already know what I want and you have helped me solidify it. I will keep you posted :heart: Thank you once again. Just curious do reissue chevrons come around often? I'm quite new to loving Chanel :smile:

8. Oh my gosh! Do you have pics? If so please could I have a look? Haha where are you based? I'm based in the UK and for some reason there are loads of reissue so blacks here?!!

9. I had the same dilemma before. So black is rare but I want gold. I got mine in grey with gold hardware. Good luck with your decision.

10. Don't just get a bag because it's rare; get the combination that you love! It sounds like you know what you want!

11. Angie43 has a picture of this bag in the thread titled classic jumbo or reissue. The post is recent from yesterday I believe. Sorry I can't figure out how to paste the thread for you lol.

12. The b/o/b is not rare at all at the moment (in Asia-pac), FYI.
    Get the one that makes you think 'goodness I am lucky' every time you look at it, use it...

13. You definitely should get what you love regardless. If it is the black reissue w ghw that will make your heart sing, get that instead. I got the reissue chevron with ghw. I was sooo happy to get one as I've been waiting to get another reissue in this color combination in 225 size for a year now:smile:. I've also been looking for a classic so black chevron. When this reissue chevron came out, I was ecstatic, it was like a dream come true, it was like a combination of everything I wanted. Then, I saw the so black chevron reissue as well and thought perhaps I should exchange :confused1:. After much thought, I love the one with ghw much better. I just love the contrast :smile:

14. I love & prefer the so black but go with your gut!

15. You should buy what you love but since you already have a jumbo with GHW the BoB reissue is a nice complement. I'm a bit biased because I have the BoB chevron and love it. Also most of the previous BoB reissues have had shiny leather and I really prefer the current regular leather. I don't care about France vs Italy, I hadn't realized the bag was made in France until I read this thread Lol... Good luck with you decision