Reissue or Classic Flap - Which one to get as first Chanel bag?

Lady001

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
I just received my first Chanel bag from my DH! So excited and happy! He got me the classic flap in Jumbo Lambskin. I loved it but when I went with him to the shop I saw the Reissue 2.55 with the gold hardware and fell in love too. I am in doubt whether to get the classic flap in Caviar with gold hardware or the Reissue 2.55 large with gold hardware. Please help out!

IMG_3316.jpgIMG_3312 (1).jpg

I loved that the jumbo CF can be carried cross body so i will probably do that. But the chain of the reissue is so pretty though. I also hear the CF maintains her value a bit more than the reissue in case I ever want to sell. Any thoughts on that?

Love them both! But I guess it comes down to how you like to carry your bags. If you like carrying the bag on 1 shoulder, the length of reissue strap looks better on you. Also how do you like your bag to make a statement - the Jumbo sure does scream Chanel louder than the reissue.
I agree that the CF looks more clearly like a Chanel. For me that part is not so important though, as the real Chanel fan will know.

This is my personal experience and it may not apply to you: i was really excited to get the classic flap as my first Chanel but I did not anticipate feeling self anxious about the logo, which is very recognizable. This made me less inclined to wear it. I later got a reissue and didn’t have this anxious feeling at all.

I just received my first Chanel bag from my DH! So excited and happy! He got me the classic flap in Jumbo Lambskin. I loved it but when I went with him to the shop I saw the Reissue 2.55 with the gold hardware and fell in love too. I am in doubt whether to get the classic flap in Caviar with gold hardware or the Reissue 2.55 large with gold hardware. Please help out!

View attachment 4847386View attachment 4847389
What did you love more ?
Personally , I prefer the 2.55 and I’m not a fan of the Classic flap.

One more point about reissues is that they are not carbon copies of one another.. each piece has differently distressed leather which I find interesting and unique. I love both but for the large the 227 reissue is great, maybe one day add a large CF for light use and evening? I think the CF is much prettier in the large size vs. jumbo. Good luck!

I have both bags and I also went through the same debate when I didn't have either of them! I ended up getting the reissue first and then a CF. I don't regret it as I love my reissue (slightly) more than my CF. I also love the reissue precisely because it's so understated and it's definitely the bag I reach for if I don't want my purse to stand out too much. In the end though you can't go wrong with either - they're both classics for a reason, just listen to your heart when deciding!

I really do not understand the point of view in regard to the Re-Issue as under cover. If someone knows Chanel they recognize a Re-Issue and if they do not know Chanel they probably don’t care about either, they are just bags to them. Buy what you like, carry what you like, don’t worry about anyone else. Good luck deciding, that are both beautiful.