Reissue lovers!!

tpm1224

Dec 2, 2019
HI All:
I am fairly new to Chanel and am still building my collection. I had a question or two about the Reissue. I absolutely love this bag! I purchased a 226 with ghw preloved a few months ago and it is my everyday bag. I am looking to purchase another one so I can rotate between the two. So I'm wondering if anyone has the 227 size and what is the comparison vs the 226 size? And would it be redundant to get another 226 in black calfskin but with different hardware? And lastly, I purchased my current bag preloved, am thinking about purchasing from boutique but the price has me cringing a bit especially since the resale value is not very good for this bag. I have purchased new from the boutique but went with the classic flaps. Decisions, decisions! Thanks all for any input!!

Reactions: girlhasbags
I had a 227 but found it way too large. It’s larger than a classic jumbo. I would wait for a unique color/hardware combo comes along. There are So Black versions of the 226 that are gorgeous! Good luck!

HI All:
I am fairly new to Chanel and am still building my collection. I had a question or two about the Reissue. I absolutely love this bag! I purchased a 226 with ghw preloved a few months ago and it is my everyday bag. I am looking to purchase another one so I can rotate between the two. So I'm wondering if anyone has the 227 size and what is the comparison vs the 226 size? And would it be redundant to get another 226 in black calfskin but with different hardware? And lastly, I purchased my current bag preloved, am thinking about purchasing from boutique but the price has me cringing a bit especially since the resale value is not very good for this bag. I have purchased new from the boutique but went with the classic flaps. Decisions, decisions! Thanks all for any input!!
I have the 227 and it is much bigger than the 226. Personally I would not purchase from the boutique due to the prices and I find the quality of the older bags are far superior. I recently purchased a 226.

I have the 227 and love it. I bought mine 4-5 years ago preloved (when big bags were in) and the preloved price is the same now as it was 4-5 years ago because smaller bags are more in. I don't have 226 so can't compare.. I'm 5'. I wouldn't buy it in store since you can get a preloved for so much cheaper. However if you want to buy in store then that is up to you. Most of my bags are bought in stores.. it just really depends... there are some bags that go for a lot cheaper preloved so it's more worth it while there are some bags that's almost the same price in store vs buying from a reseller so it's better just to buy from store. Good luck!

I have the 227 and love it. I bought mine 4-5 years ago preloved (when big bags were in) and the preloved price is the same now as it was 4-5 years ago because smaller bags are more in. I don't have 226 so can't compare.. I'm 5'. I wouldn't buy it in store since you can get a preloved for so much cheaper. However if you want to buy in store then that is up to you. Most of my bags are bought in stores.. it just really depends... there are some bags that go for a lot cheaper preloved so it's more worth it while there are some bags that's almost the same price in store vs buying from a reseller so it's better just to buy from store. Good luck!
Me too! LOVE my 227, doesn't feel to big at all! Also bought mine pre-loved, excellent condition. No regrets. :smile:

Reactions: jcshin
I don’t have a 227, so I can’t offer any advice there. I have two 226s - red and black. They fit what I carry, suit my lifestyle, are lightweight and I can wear them crossbody and doubled on the shoulder. The Reissue is one of my favourite style of bag and are some of the most frequently carried bags in my collection. Good luck with your decision.

I have a 227 and I love it. Mine is a grey caviar leather version that came out for the Supermarket collection back in '14 or '15. It fits a ton, lighter than classic jumbos, and can easily become a cross body messenger bag with the perfect length.

I have cc classic in mini, medium, and jumbo and wanted to get a maxi but instead ended up getting the 227 reissue as it seemed more practical and functional. Because of this I also went on to buy a 225 as well as the mini. I don't have a 226 in my collection to speak for but I love the reissue in general.

Reactions: OCMomof3