Reissue chain not as shiny

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
Hi there,

I recently purchased a preloved black aged calf ghw 225 reissue from 2013. Prior to this I had owned a 226 reissue in the same treatment in the anniversary version, which I sold. The chain on the newer bag seems much more dull than I remember the anniversary one being. Does anyone
Know if there was a difference in the chain or is it just due to variations in the hardware? I know that it is supposed to be more tarnished or matte looking, but for some reason I remember the anniversary one being shinier. This one almost seems more brassy looking to me.

Here's are photos of the chain on the new to me one. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

I can't tell clearly because your photos are a little dark, but I have two black reissues (one anniversary and one newer). The chains are the same distressed gold and on the matte side, not shiny.

Hi there,

I recently purchased a preloved black aged calf ghw 225 reissue from 2013. Prior to this I had owned a 226 reissue in the same treatment in the anniversary version, which I sold. The chain on the newer bag seems much more dull than I remember the anniversary one being. Does anyone
Know if there was a difference in the chain or is it just due to variations in the hardware? I know that it is supposed to be more tarnished or matte looking, but for some reason I remember the anniversary one being shinier. This one almost seems more brassy looking to me.

Here's are photos of the chain on the new to me one. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 3638788

View attachment 3638789

Hi there, I have bought a reissue 227 this year. The overall look of the chain is not exactly shiny either. It is not as "blackish" as it seems to be on your photo, but rather matte and some areas even look a bit more champagne/silver-ish than gold.
Judging from photos I have seen online, it seems to me that there are bags which seem to have shinier hardware.
Have you considered sending it in for refurbishment to Leahter Surgeons or the like? I have heard they do a terrific job also on the hardware.

Hi there, I have bought a reissue 227 this year. The overall look of the chain is not exactly shiny either. It is not as "blackish" as it seems to be on your photo, but rather matte and some areas even look a bit more champagne/silver-ish than gold.
Judging from photos I have seen online, it seems to me that there are bags which seem to have shinier hardware.
Have you considered sending it in for refurbishment to Leahter Surgeons or the like? I have heard they do a terrific job also on the hardware.

Thanks so much for responding! I don't think it looks quite as dark in person as my photos, because it was a little dark inside when taking them, but it definitely doesn't seem as gold as I remember the other one being. From my research it seems like others have noticed this as well, not that it's a defect, but maybe a batch of the chains weren't as gold as the others. That's a good suggestion to ask Leather Surgeons. Thanks!