Reissue Bijoux chain question

EmmaPaige

Apr 20, 2011
Hello gals. I am looking at getting my first reissue here shortly and I am pretty sure I am gonna go for it in Black aged calfskin 226 but I go back and forth on whether I should do SHW or GHW. I was curious how long does it take for the GHW to turn, silver? Thank you in advance!

I don't know much about how long the chain will change the color and I hope not. I have mine with gold hardware and I love it so much. I think it really gives the bag and edge over the ruthenium hardware. They both are very versatile though. Good luck!

I don't know much about how long the chain will change the color and I hope not. I have mine with gold hardware and I love it so much. I think it really gives the bag and edge over the ruthenium hardware. They both are very versatile though. Good luck!

Thank you vink! How long have you had your reissue with GHW?

I also think the black reissue looks the best with ghw. That was what drew me to purchase the reissue camera case, and I normally don't even like ghw. I have had it for over a year and can't even imagine it turning color as it is not showing the slightest sign in that direction. This is really the first time I have heard such a thing. There are many pics with Kate Moss carrying the reissue flap in that combination. If you see those you will be sold immediately! Best of luck and I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

I also think the black reissue looks the best with ghw. That was what drew me to purchase the reissue camera case, and I normally don't even like ghw. I have had it for over a year and can't even imagine it turning color as it is not showing the slightest sign in that direction. This is really the first time I have heard such a thing. There are many pics with Kate Moss carrying the reissue flap in that combination. If you see those you will be sold immediately! Best of luck and I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

Thank you amyx! I appreciate your response. I agree, I love the Black with GHW combo over RHW but I was leaning towards RHW only because I figured the GHW will not stay that way because eventually it will tarnish and turn silver over time.

I have a black 226 reissue with RHW. Most of my bags are silver/dark metal hardware since I usually wear silver/white gold jewerly. I think if you like the GHW more, go for it. I have seen many used Chanel flap bag with GHW and they're all still looking good!!! GL ;)

I have a black 226 reissue with RHW. Most of my bags are silver/dark metal hardware since I usually wear silver/white gold jewerly. I think if you like the GHW more, go for it. I have seen many used Chanel flap bag with GHW and they're all still looking good!!! GL ;)

Thank you kylienarak! Actually, initially I thought for sure I wanted the Black reissue with RHW over GHW because most if not all of my jewelry is platinum then when I saw photos of Black reissues with GHW, I began to have second thoughts since this will be my one and only reissue purchase. So when I started debating on whether to get RHW or GHW, I wondered.....how long will it take for the GHW to turn since it is not made from real gold.