Reissue and Le Boy owners please share your opinons...

winter0531

Jun 15, 2008
I'm considering adding a reissue or le boy to my collection. Currently i only have a double flap jumbo. I'm thinking either 225/226 for the reissue and old medium for the boy. What would you suggest? Please share why you love (or don't love) the bag. For the reissues, how does your bag age? I know it's aged calf and supposed to look vintage, but would love to see more "after-use" photos. What's your experience with hardware tarnishing and leather creasing? Thanks in advance. :smile:

Vvicky

Mar 31, 2012
AU
I will share my experience[emoji4] I ended up recently selling my new medium boy (black caviar, which I wanted so long!) and going for Reissue instead which I hope to get very soon) Personally, I still like a lot boy model, but the lining interior, matt and a somehow cheap looking caviar in my case (non comparable to my jumbo caviar), too short chain to wear it cross body (I'm 5'8), that it was directly loosing its shape on the sides, plus no luxuries feeling when I was wearing it, all this somehow turned me off from Boy..
Can't say much about Reissue as I don't owe it yet, but so far after reading many reviews and trying it in the shop I'm absolutely in love! [emoji7] (for me the perfect size is 226)

winter0531

Jun 15, 2008
I will share my experience[emoji4] I ended up recently selling my new medium boy (black caviar, which I wanted so long!) and going for Reissue instead which I hope to get very soon) Personally, I still like a lot boy model, but the lining interior, matt and a somehow cheap looking caviar in my case (non comparable to my jumbo caviar), too short chain to wear it cross body (I'm 5'8), that it was directly loosing its shape on the sides, plus no luxuries feeling when I was wearing it, all this somehow turned me off from Boy..
Can't say much about Reissue as I don't owe it yet, but so far after reading many reviews and trying it in the shop I'm absolutely in love! [emoji7] (for me the perfect size is 226)
Thank you Vvicky, I agree with you on the Boy. I've tried the bag on at least 5 times (different leather and metal combo) and none clicked with me. It's just keep looking at other's sharing photos wearing their Boy and they look so good on them makes me want one. :hrmm::hrmm: As for reissues, I do like the bag on me. The reason why I haven't make the purchase is because I don't know how the bag is going to age. I'm okay with the vintage look but don't like the look of heavy creasing and hardware peeling, etc.

evangeline05

Nov 13, 2012
I have an old medium lambskin boy and a caviar 225 reissue. I have to admit I used the boy like crazy! I have seen the caviar boys, but their grains are too large for my liking. The boy is very easy to match and to get in and out of, but because mine is lambskin, the corners are very worn. The chain has also tarnished pretty badly. I've had mine for over a year.

As for the reissue, I've got it a few months ago but I haven't used it quite as much as it's a light beige color. I wear mainly dark clothing, and already have a sight color transfer. My caviar reissue is has no creasing or peeling of hw. I would expect the hw to tarnish too. Both my boy and reissue are in aged gold.

Perhaps you could check out the smooth calfskin boys or caviar reissues and see which your heart sings too. Good luck!

Reactions: winter0531

winter0531

Jun 15, 2008
I have an old medium lambskin boy and a caviar 225 reissue. I have to admit I used the boy like crazy! I have seen the caviar boys, but their grains are too large for my liking. The boy is very easy to match and to get in and out of, but because mine is lambskin, the corners are very worn. The chain has also tarnished pretty badly. I've had mine for over a year.

As for the reissue, I've got it a few months ago but I haven't used it quite as much as it's a light beige color. I wear mainly dark clothing, and already have a sight color transfer. My caviar reissue is has no creasing or peeling of hw. I would expect the hw to tarnish too. Both my boy and reissue are in aged gold.

Perhaps you could check out the smooth calfskin boys or caviar reissues and see which your heart sings too. Good luck!
Thank you evangeline05. I'm thinking the smooth calf boy and aged calf reissue. I remember reading here somewhere that some people experience tarnishing and chipping on their hardwares. I wish Chanel quality could be better, it's so much for a bag after all. :sad:

Reactions: Vvicky

bh4me

May 16, 2015
I love both my boy and reissues. I went for the old medium boy. I think it is a good size without being too bulky. I have both size reissues, 225 and 226. I have been using the 225 more lately because fits me better crossbody. I love the aged calf leather on the reissue especially the classic one. I've only had my reissues for 2 years but so far so good including the chain strap. Looks like the day I got them. I'm sure what the creasing issue is.

revangelina

My Playground IG: @mytoyischanel
Jan 27, 2015
I have the old medium lambskin boy, and I love it! I love to sling it cross body, and also dress it up by hiding the leather strap underneath, and showcasing only the gold hardware strap.

it really transitions from casual day to dressy dinner so well!

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
I prefer the Reissue. To me, it's a perfect bag -- Classic Chanel, under the radar, impeccable quality, can go from elegant to edgy. I like the Boy on others, but it's not for me -- I don't like the heavy chain on myself and the bag is more boxy and not as streamlined as the Reissue. I know some view the Boy as a new classic, and maybe it is, but when I try it on it looks trendy to me. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just depends on what look you're going for.

Reactions: Imabeachgirl

Nicolephp

Apr 11, 2016
I love my boy ..
Whenever i use it ...sure ton of ladies staring at my bag...
Jx the cons is lambskin quite delicate...i rarely use...cz worried scratches...i enjoy admire d bag...but not enjoy using it....
Many times i tot wana sell it...
End up i still keep it...even i hardly use...

Attachments

FunBagz

Apr 15, 2015
Sunny Florida
Hello, winter0531. I have all the bags you are considering (Reissues in 225 & 226 and Old Medium Boys). They are all great and I really think it depends on your style and what you are looking for.

IMO, the Reissue in the 225 size is the most versatile of the three options (can dress up or down and works cross body), but holds much less than your Jumbo so if you carry a lot it may not be the best choice for you.

The Reissue in 226 size can also dress up or down (though typically reach for my 225 over my 226 for dressy looks), but is a bit harder to pull of crossbody (though it can be done). Also, its size it is comparable to your Jumbo (just a bit smaller/less bulky) so if you are looking to add variety to your collection, it may not be the best choice for you.

Old Medium Boy is a great casual bag and has a completely different vibe than your Jumbo, so if you are looking for something with a cool, casual look its a good choice. But IMO it is strictly a casual bag (harder to dress up). Also, OM Boy and Reissue 225 carry about the same amount, so if you carry a lot it may not work for you.

As far as how the Reissues age, mine haven't shown any signs of wear...though I rotate my bags nearly every day and and am pretty careful with them (don't over stuff, always store properly, wipe clean and condition regularly). I have seen Reissues showing serious signs of wear, but the same can be said for Boys (especially in lamb).

It sounds like you are trying to love the Boy but haven't found "the one" yet, so my vote goes to the Reissue in whichever size fits your lifestyle/collection best. GLD!