Reisling lovers unite..

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I was at the liquor store this evening buying a Spatlese and a Reisling and now I am drinking the Spatlese - (about to fall asleep due to it) but anyway - any other lovers of sweet wines out there?

If so, what do you recommend?

Here in colorado we have a winery (yeah, who knew) called Two Rivers; they do a very nice Reisling that goes well with Seafood. :love:

The Two Rivers is horrible with dairy product though. :sick:

Does anyone know of a reisling or Spatlese that really partners with dairy well? Specifically with Cheesecake?
    (planning mom's day dinner)

Thank you ladies :flowers:

2. I LOVE riesling. Two of my favorites are by Chateau St. Michele and Trimbach. There was a fabulous kind from upstate new york where I lived from Hermann Weimer...but I don't know if you can find it out west. I think there are even some good ones from Australia now. I'm off to bed, but will list more tomorrow:smile:

3. I love riesling, and that genre of fruity but not necessarily sweet Alsatian or German wines. I don't have any brand recommendations because I tend to get wines by the glass at restaurants and promptly forget what I got. I usually browse at Kermit Lynch (Chez Panisse's wine supplier) because they have great selections. They have a searchable archive of their newsletters. http://www.kermitlynch.com

I love making white sangria with cheap riesling and cut up fruit. And I also prefer coq au riesling over the typical coq au vin.

4. I LOVE riesling!!! Bonnie Doone (? I think..) is my favorite!!!

5. How're you doing this morning D?

6. I'm glad to have lived in the Rhine valley for the past 2 years, lots of Riesling and Spaetlese come from around here.

7. Excellent question. :lol:

8. I adore Reislings! I have heard of Two Rivers....will need to check the wine long on the others.

9. me? :blink:

I'm fine, I'm an old wine pro. :graucho:

So Vlad, any suggestions for a good resiling to serve with dairy? :flowers:

10. I don't drink wine and I also am allergic to dairy. Any further questions? :smartass:

11. I've never tried Reisling. My favorite wines are pinot grigio and chardonnay - don't know if they're similar to Reisling or not :shame:

I've heard a lot of people say that wine gives them terrible hangovers, but it doesn't affect me. Now hard liquor is a different story :angel:

12. Reisling does nothing for me. I tried it again, and again, and again, but nothing! I'm a Merlot chick.

13. i am a huge fan of sweet fruity wines like Reisling, and Gewurztraminer. I like dessert ice wines from Canada too.

14. Yes, the Bonnie Doone "Critique of Pure Riesling" is quite good, as all their other wines.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice