Rehab or sell? Cherry speedy 25

Pandemicrn

May 22, 2020
Bought this speedy as a project bag. Seller did not disclose cracking so now I can’t replace Vachetta at LV. Would you keep and let another cobbler fix or sell?

Attachments

Reactions: baghagg

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Did you purchase a long time ago? I would not accept those undisclosed cracks (and the rubs would be a dealbreaker for me even though silk screened items are prone to this). If you have the option to return, or file a dispute (if no return policy), that's what I'd do...

mdcx

Oct 30, 2014
There's a few issues - oxidising/grime on the zipper and studs, handles are very dark, vachetta looks dry, and the cracking. You could try getting a general handbag repair shop to work on it for you, in big cities there is often one that will work on luxury bags and can do vachetta replacement etc.

toujours*chic

PAID TO HAVE AN OPINION
O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Silk Nirvana
It depends on what you spent on it- if you got it at Goodwill for $20, then I would clean it up and use it for décor or for a catch-all around the house. It would not be worth whatever a cobbler/3rd party leather repair person would charge. And certainly I would not let LV install new vachetta given the condition of the canvas. It looks like the bag was-well loved at least.

toujours*chic

PAID TO HAVE AN OPINION
O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Silk Nirvana
Nope. The canvas has those cracks all along so LV wouldn’t touch it.
I have never asked LV to repair a bag with cracked canvas. If you agree in writing that you, the owner of the bag, are asking for the repair- say replacement of vachetta- and the canvas is acknowledged to be cracked, will they still decline the repair? I guess it would make sense they would refuse it with the concern the customer would claim the cracks were not there when the bag was submitted.

Cracks are no good.

Cattyyellow

Aug 29, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Can you return it? If the cracks were not disclosed, I don’t know why it would be your problem and not the sellers.

If you want to keep it, I would try to rehab it myself. Little mommas house has a YouTube channel and maybe you could find suggestions there on cleaning it up.

Reactions: Prettyingblush