REHAB on a Hunter Green Vintage Watson Flap from 1995!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I did another rehab, but this time I gave the bag a bath and I'm so glad I did. I love how it smells and feels clean!

First I used Brasso to clean all the hardware.

After that was all done, I put the bag in the sink with lots of Ivory Dish Soap and I scrubbed and let it sit for probably about 20 minutes. Then I let all the water drain and I redid the whole process again so there could be fresh water. I put the soap in again and let it sit for another 25 minutes or so. Afterwards, I rinsed the bag in soapless water making sure all the soap was out of the leather. This part took time because it seemed that there was always soap left over when I would dry the bag.

Finally all the soap was gone and it was ready to be dried fully. I patted it down with a towel and stuffed paper towels inside the bag. Then I hung it up and let it dry for about a day and half. It dried reaaaaallly fast.

Next up, I put tons of Apple Conditioner all over the leather and voila! A beautiful vintage Watson bag from 1995 :biggrin: I love this color green!!

BEFORE:

(Not in bad shape at all, but I felt it needed a cleaning anyway)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IN THE SINK:

[​IMG]

LEATHER ALL WET:

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You did a great job! I really like that color.

3. WOW!! What a great job--it looks brand new.
    I love the colour and shape of this purse!

4. WTG, OP -- you did a great job on a cute bag! She's lucky to have you!

5. WOW!!!! You did a GREAT job! It looks incredible! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

6. It looks so nice and shiny!! I love these rehab threads!

7. Great Job!!!!
    That is a very cute style and I love the color!!!
    Congrats!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

8. Fantastic!! She looks great.

9. Wow, you did an Amazing job!!!!:tup::coolpics:

10. Awesome!!!

11. Very nice, your work paid off VERY well!

12. Great job! I didn't know you could soak it like that. I'll have to try that trick on a Goodwill find. Enjoy!

13. Gorgeous. You did a great job. Congrats :smile:

14. Thanks everyone!!! :smile:

15. Awesome job. The bag looks great!!! :tup:

Green and that canteenish shape is sooo in now with the military trend.