regular speedy with a strap

nuki

Mar 12, 2012
is there members who have a classic speedy and they use a speared strap from lv for their speedy to make it cross body or over the shoulder bag
how dose is it work for you and how "safe" it is for the speedy?

or is it just better to buy speedy B ???

:smile::smile::smile: sorry for my English

I wear my classic speedy with a strap. The strap is the LV ebene strap and I purchased it specifically for my speedy and it was definitely worth it. I haven't noticed any damage being done to my bag. I have the size 25 and I do not pack it too heavy usually, some days I do. Here is a photo of how the classic bag looks with a strap.

As to whether or not you want a classic or b that is up to you. I actually got my speedy before the speedy B was even a thing and since I prefer the look of the classic speedy more it only seemed logical to get a strap for it.

Attachments

• speedy.jpg
    speedy.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,989
I wear my classic speedy with a strap. The strap is the LV ebene strap and I purchased it specifically for my speedy and it was definitely worth it. I haven't noticed any damage being done to my bag. I have the size 25 and I do not pack it too heavy usually, some days I do. Here is a photo of how the classic bag looks with a strap.

As to whether or not you want a classic or b that is up to you. I actually got my speedy before the speedy B was even a thing and since I prefer the look of the classic speedy more it only seemed logical to get a strap for it.

Looks so good on you

Thank you for your help

I do the exact same thing for both my Ebene and Azur Classic speedy- on the LV site one can choose the matching 12mm strap.

This looks so much better than a Speedy B IMO!
I'll probably never get on the bandwagon. The B reminds me of a gym bag (please don't take any offense, that's just how I feel about it).

I tired it for about 5 seconds with my speedy 35. I was instantly uncomfortable with the way it pulled on the chaps (I think that's what they're called) so I aborted the mission.

I think this looks great on you and with the 25! Can you please tell me where/what you have the strap attached to? I have always seen it attached to the handles but it looks from the picture that you have it attached differently. Thanks!!

The pic shows she attaches it to the metal hardware on the handles like I do with my mono classic 25. (I believe, at least..)

I don't recommend doing this with a Speedy larger than the 25 and not because of concerns of damage: but, because when worn on the shoulder that way, it twirls around (the end of the bag could swing away and hit your body and then start the twirl), and, also because if you try it crossbody, the strap ends are anchored closely together but the bag is much wider and then you look like you've got this big thing jutting out from you when the straps are hugging your body more closely, instead.

I do have to note that my strap is an older vachetta strap and so is my bag. Since everything (hardware, leather, etc) is old, I'm seeing that, over time, the part of the leather that's on the outer edge of the chaps where the metal part of the handles to which I attach my strap are -- are beginning to show signs of the metal rubbing. I'll attach a pic to show you what I mean. Newer bags and straps probably won't have this problem.

Also: about opening the bag -- you have to probably attach diagonally like I do -- which means ONE of the straps will get in your way when you want to unzip the bag completely (get in the way at one of the two ends depending on how you anchored). You have to be okay with this. :smile: However, the advantage of anchoring on the handles is that it keeps the entire zipper area poofed up and straight allowing you to unzip a bit more easily with one hand. For me, the strap that gets in my way is the one toward my back and I can unzip with one hand about 2/3 of the way before my hand runs into the strap -- but that's enough for me to reach in and grab my wallet. For those Speedy B owners with bag sizes 30 and above, you'll know what I mean when I say the closed zipper folds a bit when your bag isn't very full and you have to straighten the thing before trying to unzip a side or it won't want to unzip.

Attachments

• 20160108_113918.jpg
    20160108_113918.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 1,557
Reactions: berrystronk
I think this looks great on you and with the 25! Can you please tell me where/what you have the strap attached to? I have always seen it attached to the handles but it looks from the picture that you have it attached differently. Thanks!!

The pic shows she attaches it to the metal hardware on the handles like I do with my mono classic 25. (I believe, at least..)

I don't recommend doing this with a Speedy larger than the 25 and not because of concerns of damage: but, because when worn on the shoulder that way, it twirls around (the end of the bag could swing away and hit your body and then start the twirl), and, also because if you try it crossbody, the strap ends are anchored closely together but the bag is much wider and then you look like you've got this big thing jutting out from you when the straps are hugging your body more closely, instead.

I do have to note that my strap is an older vachetta strap and so is my bag. Since everything (hardware, leather, etc) is old, I'm seeing that, over time, the part of the leather that's on the outer edge of the chaps where the metal part of the handles to which I attach my strap are -- are beginning to show signs of the metal rubbing. I'll attach a pic to show you what I mean. Newer bags and straps probably won't have this problem.

Also: about opening the bag -- you have to probably attach diagonally like I do -- which means ONE of the straps will get in your way when you want to unzip the bag completely (get in the way at one of the two ends depending on how you anchored). You have to be okay with this. :smile: However, the advantage of anchoring on the handles is that it keeps the entire zipper area poofed up and straight allowing you to unzip a bit more easily with one hand. For me, the strap that gets in my way is the one toward my back and I can unzip with one hand about 2/3 of the way before my hand runs into the strap -- but that's enough for me to reach in and grab my wallet. For those Speedy B owners with bag sizes 30 and above, you'll know what I mean when I say the closed zipper folds a bit when your bag isn't very full and you have to straighten the thing before trying to unzip a side or it won't want to unzip.

Yep that is exactly how I attach it on both my mono and DE speedy. I cant speak for how it works on other sizes but I can see it not working as well on anything more than a 30. Also I don't wear mines like this all the time. I like the handheld look of the speedy but I added the strap for when I am at the store and I need to be hands free for a bit or for when I am out and just get tired of carrying my bag around.

This is very helpful thank you. I couldnt tell from the pic where it is attached but looking at it again it does seem attached to the handle hardware. I was considering this for a crossbody option but Im not sure that I will like the looks of it with it sticking out on my hip oddly (dont need any "extra" stuff jutting out from my hips:graucho:) and also the opening issue will probably drive me nuts!! Thank you!

This is very helpful thank you. I couldnt tell from the pic where it is attached but looking at it again it does seem attached to the handle hardware. I was considering this for a crossbody option but Im not sure that I will like the looks of it with it sticking out on my hip oddly (dont need any "extra" stuff jutting out from my hips:graucho:) and also the opening issue will probably drive me nuts!! Thank you!

I think many people also just set his/her bag down on a counter before unzipping, so, that option is there. I just always have the bag hanging from the strap, so I carry, unzip, zip, etc while it's hanging from the strap.