Regular size (handheld) Batignolles questions

SophiaRose

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
I usually carry my speedy 30 everyday. I can't use a shoulder bag so I need to use a handheld bag. But I would like to get another bag and I like the look of the batignolles. Besides the open top issue (which isn't for me), can I get pros and cons on this bag? If anyone has both the speedy 30 and the batignolles I would love to hear your words of wisdom.

Love this site! Thanks so much for your help!!

The batignolles is a great bag, whichever one you get. I have the horizontal and I love it. I agree, it is a nice alternative to a Speedy. Handheld bags are so ladylike, don't you think?

The batignolles is a great bag, whichever one you get. I have the horizontal and I love it. I agree, it is a nice alternative to a Speedy. Handheld bags are so ladylike, don't you think?

I agree with you 100%, handhelds are so feminine, but I am buying a Galliera first because I dont know when I will have another $1500 I can spend on a purse, but I can afford a speedy 30 at anytime. This will be my only high price bag this year. I enjoy the way a handheld makes me feel.

It's a really cute bag. Since it stands on it's own ,you won't loose thing like some other open top bags. It also won't be a big black hole like some bags are,yet it has a small enough opening that does not make it easily accessable to others.

^I agree.

It stands on its own and it's incredibly pretty when it has the patina. I saw a young woman in a swing coat carry one, and I thought the whole look was so attractive. It is so easy to find things because of the platform base. The straps keep the bag "closed" for the most part and exposed enough for anyone to put a hand into unless you walk away from the bag. It also looks like it has a generous cubic range.

I love my (regular, not vert or horiz) batignolles, but IMO it's smaller space than speedy 30. I like the saggy speedy look, but it's a mess inside, whereas my stuff stays very organized in the batignolles. Also depends on if you want tote (batig) or satchel (speedy) look :smile: