Regular Pebbled Rogue - condition after a year

FloraDB

Jan 3, 2019
I found this Rogue on Mercari. I really like bags structured but not stiff, however this is far from the original shape in my opinion. If all rogues soften up like that, I am scared because I am about to buy one. Or a couple. I’m eyeing a black 25 Tea Rose and a regular in butterscotch or oxblood.
In your experience, is there a way to somewhat maintain its original shape by storing it a certain way, perhaps? Or do they eventually soften up that much?

Attachments

• 75822F88-173F-4F3F-88D1-AC4875A9194F.png
    75822F88-173F-4F3F-88D1-AC4875A9194F.png
    625.4 KB · Views: 853
  • 603F0090-2D8F-448C-9520-305CE54C222B.png
    603F0090-2D8F-448C-9520-305CE54C222B.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 852

holiday123

Jul 29, 2015
If you get a bag in the glovetanned pebble leather then yes it is going to slouch eventually. Maybe get one if a different leather or a tea rose version? The one in the picture almost looks like a 36? I think the smaller the rogue the less slouch so a 25 would slouch less than a regular or 36. I only have the glovetanned pebble rogues, but there are a few smooth leather and grain leather varieties out there that may hold shape a bit better.

Storage on its' back vs upright might help lessen the slouch, but I'm guessing it's going to happen after a bit of use no matter what.

vivianyan

Jan 10, 2017
I found this Rogue on Mercari. I really like bags structured but not stiff, however this is far from the original shape in my opinion. If all rogues soften up like that, I am scared because I am about to buy one. Or a couple. I’m eyeing a black 25 Tea Rose and a regular in butterscotch or oxblood.
In your experience, is there a way to somewhat maintain its original shape by storing it a certain way, perhaps? Or do they eventually soften up that much?
Yes, the more it gets use the more the leather will soften. If you like the structured shape, I recommend getting a 25 size l, especially a tea rose version in 25, it will hold the shape pretty much the same.

Reactions: FloraDB
Aug 18, 2013
This is a 1st generation regular size oxblood which I have. I own over 10 in the regular size but this one is definitely the squishiest of them all for some reason. Mine is no where near this squishy though, not even my 36s. I store them filled with stuffing and styrofoam though which probably helps.

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
O.G.
May 7, 2012
You have one of the first generation bags, and they have been known to be squishier. I keep all of mine stuffed full with tissue paper and in their dust bags away in a plastic bin when not in use. The oldest one I have is about a year and a half old and it looks nothing like that. It has a little slouch, but still very much structured.

SEWDimples

O.G.
Feb 20, 2012
Here's a picture of most of the Rogues that I own. As you can see, Rogue 36 in 1941 Saddle (back row in the middle) is the most slouchy of them all. My two 1st generation Rogues on the left (Black and Chalk/Black) are not slouchy, but I do not carry them that much. My Butterscotch Rogue satchel, in the middle in front of the Rogue 36 is slouchy as well. Also, I keep most of my Rogues stuffed and laying on their sides when stored away.

I hope this helps.

DSCN2193.jpg

DSCN2192.jpg

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
Here's a picture of most of the Rogues that I own. As you can see, Rogue 36 in 1941 Saddle (back row in the middle) is the most slouchy of them all. My two 1st generation Rogues on the left (Black and Chalk/Black) are not slouchy, but I do not carry them that much. My Butterscotch Rogue satchel, in the middle in front of the Rogue 36 is slouchy as well. Also, I keep most of my Rogues stuffed and laying on their sides when stored away.

I hope this helps.

View attachment 4329980

View attachment 4329982
:nuts: This helps me drool! Gorgeous treasure trove!

christinemliu

Massaccesi Soulmate Midi
Dec 4, 2014

I hope this helps.

View attachment 4329980

View attachment 4329982
Love this Rogue rainbow!!! So gorgeous.

Reactions: SEWDimples

pianolize

will work (play?!) for bags
Jun 18, 2017
Ladies! These has been the most helpful posts ever. I am so grateful. You have helped me a lot. I am leaning towards a 25 Tea Rose for sure and maybe a 25 in black.
Hope you got them! I have a similar question, as I came upon a regular and wondered if it would just be slouchy. I love structured bags, and the 25s and satchels I have totally do not lose their structure! This one looked a lot like the one I just bought, but I stuffed it and am hoping for the best. A colleague has a larger one, and it looks like a puddle of mush, which deterred me from wanting a larger one.

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
You have one of the first generation bags, and they have been known to be squishier. I keep all of mine stuffed full with tissue paper and in their dust bags away in a plastic bin when not in use. The oldest one I have is about a year and a half old and it looks nothing like that. It has a little slouch, but still very much structured.
I hope you do not close the plastic bin - leather needs to breathe

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
When I had a regular sized one I kept it stored with a large fitted sheet of thick cardboard in the outer pockets and the inside stuffed with bubble wrap. The handles I would either tucked in or folded over the top. I had cardboard strips that I put in the bottom of the pockets when I used it to keep the bottom corners from 'collapsing'. It stayed structured except for the upper corners, which turned in a bit.

Reactions: pianolize