Regretting my WOC Purchase- should I have gotten the mini flap?

sararachelle

Sara S.
O.G.
Oct 15, 2013
Hi all,

I hate to find myself kind of regretting my WOC purchase but I am. I have the black quilted caviar in ghw. What bothers me is the button closure. I WISH the WOC came with the same interlocking cc as on the classic flaps. I do not like any other styles of the woc but my own btw.

I could sell the bag and buy a mini, but it's an additional $800 at $2900 I'm pretty sure. I am a student and am planning on buying an apartment within the next year so this is not even in my price range- lol.

Should I just suck it up and love what I have? The brain tends to trick you and make you think you could have something better, so it may just be a phase.

Thank you! :smile:
Sara

Chanel wallet on chain caviar quilted black leather with gold hardware ??
That 's something you need to wait for months to get one. Long wait list..
I would keep it. You can get another chanel in the next year or sth..

Reactions: Ness123
Chanel wallet on chain caviar quilted black leather with gold hardware ??
That 's something you need to wait for months to get one. Long wait list..
I would keep it. You can get another chanel in the next year or sth..

+1 woc is so classic. You can always get mini later ... I'm sure your collection will only get larger.

Sara-

I feel the same way about mine. I have to make sure it's snapped everytime and it really doesn't hold much. You can usually get another WOC from Saks /Neimans. Saks had 11 left in company last week when I got and they can send it to you from another store. I say return or sell and get what works for you!

I kinda agree. I would have a hard time parting with it. But blondeandorange, I agree too! The snap closure is really what just irks me. I would sell it but I really am nervous about if I will regret it.

I suppose I could wait til next year to buy the mini, but the price increases make me so impatient! :hrmm:

I agree, the price just always increases so much especially for the classics!

But in terms of size, you do you like the WOC or the mini better? If it's just the closure that's bothering you, I'm sure you'll get used to it somehow if you use it over and over again

I agree, the price just always increases so much especially for the classics!

But in terms of size, you do you like the WOC or the mini better? If it's just the closure that's bothering you, I'm sure you'll get used to it somehow if you use it over and over again

I prefer how the mini looks because it keeps its shape when empty. The WOC when not stuffed looks completely flat. However I like how the woc has 6 credit card slots and how long the chain is when worn crossbody. I think the mini is a little short when worn crossbody, What are your thoughts?

I prefer how the mini looks because it keeps its shape when empty. The WOC when not stuffed looks completely flat. However I like how the woc has 6 credit card slots and how long the chain is when worn crossbody. I think the mini is a little short when worn crossbody, What are your thoughts?

I think the mini is okay for crossbody. I personally like the mini better because I can fit more inside, and I also love the cc closure. If you want slots for your credit cards, maybe you can just get a card holder in addition to the mini? That's just my opinion and personal preference :smile:

I think the mini is okay for crossbody. I personally like the mini better because I can fit more inside, and I also love the cc closure. If you want slots for your credit cards, maybe you can just get a card holder in addition to the mini? That's just my opinion and personal preference :smile:

I totally agree with everything you're saying... I just can't justify spending an additional $800. Well I could but I'm not willing to right now :sad:

The snap closure is my biggest problem as well. I bought a mini shortly after and I'm going to part with my WOC soon. I doubt I'll regret & re-buy but at least it would still be available. It would be a few hundred $ more but it's better than a $2100 unused bag.

I, too, wondered if the $800 was worth it for the turnlock closure and for me it is definitely worth it. Plus the mini has a tiny bit of extra space so I'm able to fit my sunglasses.

Best of luck with your decision :smile:

Let me caveat that I adore my black WOC with ghw. I wear it all the time.

Keeping that in mind, here's my opinion. Firstly, that's amazing that you are saving and about to purchase an apt. Congratulations.

Since you aren't sure about this purchase, I would suggest returning it and using the money towards your down payment or mortgage.

Bags are material things (may be investments depending on the bag) but at the end of the day, an apt is a recognizable investment and you'll be building equity. You may even want to use the fund towards renovations and/or unexpected costs. Anyway, the increase isn't that much relative to its base cost.

Reactions: NikkiNordy