Regrets?

Apr 29, 2009
Has anyone bought the Neverfull MM in mono and regreted it? I have the Hampstead MM in DE (did have the same bag in Azur, but I live in the wrong climate!).

I'm soooo drawn to the Neverfull MM in mono. I'm looking for a good summer holiday/vacation bag as most of my bags are too structured and formal or dark. Do you think the Neverfull is a good option?

Yes. I had one for 18 months and it looked terrible quickly. The patina set in faster than usual - I think because the straps are so thin. Also, I see them everywhere I go!! I like the style very much, but prefer it in Azur or Mon Mono!! (Also wanted to add I had an Ebene Neverfull last year for 6 weeks and the straps started cracking so I exchanged it for another style!)

img said:
Yes. ( I had an Ebene Neverfull last year for 6 weeks and the straps started cracking so I exchanged it for another style!)

Ugh!! :sad: I so want a Neverfull in DE I wish LV would fix the handles. I also like the totally but haven't seen it in DE I do t even know if it's available.

Hi, my 1st post although a lurker for years :smile:

I just got a Neverfull MM in Mono and I love it. I really wanted the DE but the handle issue just freaked me out because I am cursed so I knew it would happen to me. I think you would love the Neverfull. Its is a great everyday bag and something about the Mono on it just really appealed to me. I guess because it has no structure to it and the Mono, at least to me seems more casual.

I looked at the Totally and it was very very nice, but just reminded me of my diaper bags which I have finally stored away, thus feeding my new LV addiction. :smile:

Hi, my 1st post although a lurker for years :smile:

I just got a Neverfull MM in Mono and I love it. I really wanted the DE but the handle issue just freaked me out because I am cursed so I knew it would happen to me. I think you would love the Neverfull. Its is a great everyday bag and something about the Mono on it just really appealed to me. I guess because it has no structure to it and the Mono, at least to me seems more casual.

I looked at the Totally and it was very very nice, but just reminded me of my diaper bags which I have finally stored away, thus feeding my new LV addiction. :smile:

Welcome Nikki5! Thank you so much for your feedback! What's the vachetta like on yours? Are you paranoid about it getting dirty?

Yes. I had one for 18 months and it looked terrible quickly. The patina set in faster than usual - I think because the straps are so thin. Also, I see them everywhere I go!! I like the style very much, but prefer it in Azur or Mon Mono!! (Also wanted to add I had an Ebene Neverfull last year for 6 weeks and the straps started cracking so I exchanged it for another style!)

Oh gosh, sounds like you've had a bad experience. You don't see them much in my neck of the woods, but when I lived in Seattle it was Neverfull/Speedy central! I was going to use it as a casual beach/summer bag on our summer breaks this year. Decisions decisions:smile:

Welcome Nikki5! Thank you so much for your feedback! What's the vachetta like on yours? Are you paranoid about it getting dirty?
Vachetta looks good although I am definitely paranoid lol :smile: Not so much because of me, but my 2 little monster children! Thats why at 1st I was leaning towards the DE but the issues with the bags I have seen and then when I saw them both in person I ended up getting the Mono. Plus I live in a climate where it hardly rains, snows etc

I figure for this style of bag IMO, the darkened vachetta looks good because its more like a beach tote type style. img was correct above that the vachetta seems to darken faster because of the thin straps but I just finds it adds character and love to a special piece!

Nope - love the neverfull! It goes on most trips. I love the dark patina that has developed via the trips to many places. I could easily sell all of my canvas bags except the neverfull and Bloomsbury GM.

Yes bought it and sold it. It is so very common where I live I couldn't stand seeing it everywhere I went. But it was a useful bag on trips and it held a lot. I just hated how common it was

I have the NF MM in both mono and DE and I love them. I use the DE for rainy weather since I don't have to worry about the vachetta. I'm going on two years with both and I have had no issues with my DE straps. They look like they are new. My mono has turned a pretty honey patina, but if it gets much darker I will probably sell and get something new. Great bags though, and the perfect size for work and play.