Regrets?

Has anyone bought the Neverfull MM in mono and regreted it? I have the Hampstead MM in DE (did have the same bag in Azur, but I live in the wrong climate!).

I'm soooo drawn to the Neverfull MM in mono. I'm looking for a good summer holiday/vacation bag as most of my bags are too structured and formal or dark. Do you think the Neverfull is a good option?

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
I think it would be a great bag..I had the mono GM NF but returned it ONLY because I felt it was too big..I would love to get an MM...

img

Life is short. Buy the bag.
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Yes. I had one for 18 months and it looked terrible quickly. The patina set in faster than usual - I think because the straps are so thin. Also, I see them everywhere I go!! I like the style very much, but prefer it in Azur or Mon Mono!! (Also wanted to add I had an Ebene Neverfull last year for 6 weeks and the straps started cracking so I exchanged it for another style!)

Jsully423

Jan 2, 2013
USA
What about the Totally? It's kind of the same, but thicker straps and side pockets! I'm sure that would look great in mono

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
img said:
Yes. ( I had an Ebene Neverfull last year for 6 weeks and the straps started cracking so I exchanged it for another style!)
Ugh!! :sad: I so want a Neverfull in DE I wish LV would fix the handles. I also like the totally but haven't seen it in DE I do t even know if it's available.

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
Jsully423 said:
What about the Totally? It's kind of the same, but thicker straps and side pockets! I'm sure that would look great in mono
Does it come in DE?

Jsully423

Jan 2, 2013
USA
cozyc said:
Ugh!! :sad: I so want a Neverfull in DE I wish LV would fix the handles. I also like the totally but haven't seen it in DE I do t even know if it's available.
You're right! I just went on the site and just in mono and da

Nikki5

Jan 12, 2013
Texas
Hi, my 1st post although a lurker for years :smile:

I just got a Neverfull MM in Mono and I love it. I really wanted the DE but the handle issue just freaked me out because I am cursed so I knew it would happen to me. I think you would love the Neverfull. Its is a great everyday bag and something about the Mono on it just really appealed to me. I guess because it has no structure to it and the Mono, at least to me seems more casual.

I looked at the Totally and it was very very nice, but just reminded me of my diaper bags which I have finally stored away, thus feeding my new LV addiction. :smile:

Hi, my 1st post although a lurker for years :smile:

I just got a Neverfull MM in Mono and I love it. I really wanted the DE but the handle issue just freaked me out because I am cursed so I knew it would happen to me. I think you would love the Neverfull. Its is a great everyday bag and something about the Mono on it just really appealed to me. I guess because it has no structure to it and the Mono, at least to me seems more casual.

I looked at the Totally and it was very very nice, but just reminded me of my diaper bags which I have finally stored away, thus feeding my new LV addiction. :smile:
Welcome Nikki5! Thank you so much for your feedback! What's the vachetta like on yours? Are you paranoid about it getting dirty?

Yes. I had one for 18 months and it looked terrible quickly. The patina set in faster than usual - I think because the straps are so thin. Also, I see them everywhere I go!! I like the style very much, but prefer it in Azur or Mon Mono!! (Also wanted to add I had an Ebene Neverfull last year for 6 weeks and the straps started cracking so I exchanged it for another style!)
Oh gosh, sounds like you've had a bad experience. You don't see them much in my neck of the woods, but when I lived in Seattle it was Neverfull/Speedy central! I was going to use it as a casual beach/summer bag on our summer breaks this year. Decisions decisions:smile:

Nikki5

Jan 12, 2013
Texas
Welcome Nikki5! Thank you so much for your feedback! What's the vachetta like on yours? Are you paranoid about it getting dirty?
Vachetta looks good although I am definitely paranoid lol :smile: Not so much because of me, but my 2 little monster children! Thats why at 1st I was leaning towards the DE but the issues with the bags I have seen and then when I saw them both in person I ended up getting the Mono. Plus I live in a climate where it hardly rains, snows etc

I figure for this style of bag IMO, the darkened vachetta looks good because its more like a beach tote type style. img was correct above that the vachetta seems to darken faster because of the thin straps but I just finds it adds character and love to a special piece!

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Nope - love the neverfull! It goes on most trips. I love the dark patina that has developed via the trips to many places. I could easily sell all of my canvas bags except the neverfull and Bloomsbury GM.

lorrmich

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
Yes bought it and sold it. It is so very common where I live I couldn't stand seeing it everywhere I went. But it was a useful bag on trips and it held a lot. I just hated how common it was

lynncy1

Jun 18, 2009
I have the NF MM in both mono and DE and I love them. I use the DE for rainy weather since I don't have to worry about the vachetta. I'm going on two years with both and I have had no issues with my DE straps. They look like they are new. My mono has turned a pretty honey patina, but if it gets much darker I will probably sell and get something new. Great bags though, and the perfect size for work and play.