Regrets

aspenmartial said:
4)And 28cm Talassa blue Ostrich Kelly with palladium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still kicking myself about it:yucky: :hysteric: .
Oh my goodness, :wtf: Aspen, that one would be exxxtra hard for me, I'd be kicking myself black and blue! I don't think they make that color anymore!:crybaby:

The one bag that I regretted passing up on is believe it or not, NOT a fuchsia bag.:wtf: Shock shock shock!!! The bag I wish I hadn't passed up on was a Cobalt Blue Ostrich HAC 28cm with Palladian Hardware. It as the PERFECT size for me (a better fit than 30cm Birkin), it was brand-new, the color was gorgeous! it actually looked really good on me (better than ALL the other H bags I've ever tried on). It was "only" $12000 too.

However, my SA said if I get that bag, then I cannot get any Birkin this year so I passed. I'm still kicking myself to this day, and it wasn't even fuchsia:hysteric:

koukanamiya said:
The one bag that I regretted passing up on is believe it or not, NOT a fuchsia bag.:wtf: Shock shock shock!!! The bag I wish I hadn't passed up on was a Cobalt Blue Ostrich HAC 28cm with Palladian Hardware. It as the PERFECT size for me (a better fit than 30cm Birkin), it was brand-new, the color was gorgeous! it actually looked really good on me (better than ALL the other H bags I've ever tried on). It was "only" $12000 too.

However, my SA said if I get that bag, then I cannot get any Birkin this year so I passed. I'm still kicking myself to this day, and it wasn't even fuchsia:hysteric:
Kou, I FEEEL that pain!,:shocked: :amazed: :smash: :sos: remembering that is like rubbing salt in a wound! and I was not even the one who passed that up!

koukanamiya said:

OMG - sounds beautiful! Why wouldn't they let you get another Birkin? Would they not let you order, from ANY store? Is this all in a mysterious computer database?

toonie said:
I turned down 2 offers for birkins a couple of weeks ago. And I'm having serious regrets still. How long does it take to get over it.I think about these bags day and nite.I know I can share this with you gals.Everyone I personally know would say I need to be in a looney bin!!! Does any one have any regret stories they would like to share,about the ones that they let get away?:flowers:

I haven't let one get away yet, but I can only imagine that in the long run you will be more happy if you didn't just get them because they were there, but instead waited for something you REALLY wanted.

nathansgirl1908 said:
Uh ok, I'm not understanding how your store works. That sounds a little "different."
yeah the more and more of the storys i hear from kous store the more i think that they are screwed up! come on all these things they are telling her not returning calls. etc KOU get another store and a sa that serves you please!

I have about 4 boutiques that I deal with. With the exception of one, I buy regularly from the other 3. All 4 boutiques have told me (at different times) that I'm only allowed to buy 1 Birkin and 1 Kelly a year. In terms of treatment, the boutique that treats me the best was the 4th one, which is in another country (not Europe though). That particular boutique I've never purchased anything from since the shipping cost and duty alone will kill me ...

However, the SA I dealt with at that store said that if I ever want to order a croc Birkin or a croc Kelly, she promised that as long as I let her know ASAP and reconfirm with her 1 month prior to Podium, she will put it in for me. I don't know if that's a one time thing since I hadn't yet taken the plunge yet. I wonder if she is doing this for me because we have established a rapport somehow (no idea how that happened though).

So I'm a bit confused because it appears that people do buy more than 1 Birkin a year and most people seem to have not much trouble ordering things. I don't think I'm rude on the phone, a bit persistent maybe but definitely not rude. Am I doing this the wrong way? Granted, all the H bags I have had been off-the-shelf purchases so in that respect I should still be appreciative ... However, I need to know what the heck I'm doing wrong. Anyone has any theory? I mean, I try to go in person whenever I can, but most of the stores I deal with are far so I generally communicate by phone.

The thing is, nobody is ever openly rude to me. Most of the stores I deal with do call me back eventually except for one. I don't think I should be complaining but at the same time i have no idea what I was doing wrong because I sometimes feel that I'm not making progress. I'm a bit timid to find another store because that means starting another relationship and having to plunck down another chunk of money.

well my advice is to get one brand new boutique! one that is the clsest to you! and then find a sa that you can connect with and talk with her about leathers etc and i am sure it won´t hurt if you buy other things than bags (as you only want to get the most covetet ones)maybe a paris bombay ? or a trim?
really sticking to one boutique (maybe two) is the best you can do and visit the store !phone is not always good. ah and also sa´s often love to chit chat about the history of hermès anecdodes etc and all the other pathetic things in life. make the sa your "friend"
seriously from what i know your current boutiques won´t take you anywhere :sad:

That's great advice Lilach. :yes:
Speaking of regrets, I'm wondering if the lady who was looking at the chocolate brown JPG Kelly clutch on Saturday in SF ended up buying it. If it had had gold HW I would've been a goner for sure. :graucho:

ah and about th mney think of it like that. at this very moment you have 4!! boutiques that you have to "entertain" with your money to get the bags if you would have spent all this money on 1 store you would be much higher in "hierarchy" by now ;)

My only advice is not to sound too pushy or desperate. I've developed good raport with a few SAs as I truely value their knowledge and opinions and I don't just use them as a vehicle to get what I want (NOT that I'm saying you or anyone here does...just a comment on the attitude I go in with). HTH!

I agree - get ONE boutique and one or 2 SAs (I have a few - they work different shifts but share commission)...they want you to buy from their store - not just any H store.

I've never gotten anywhere by phone so I don't plan to ever use that route again...too stressful.

:yes: the phone thing ONLY works AFTER a good relationship already.
the (the sas ) want to see you see your expressions when they show you something etc. they want customers who are exctatic about hermès not only calling when it comes to bags. (not implying you do so as i know you do not)
but yeah sa tend to give bags to customers they know (look at la van or me or aspen etc) and who do spent a nice time with them instead of phone clients or "i wanna birkin now" type of clients.

ah and please you know i like you so do not take this personally just sharing my experience what may work best (or at least better) for you