Regrets

My biggest Chanel regret is selling all 9 of my Chanel bags in 2019. They are a mix of runway, seasonal classic (reissue, boy), and just straight up seasonal. I didn’t own any quintessential classics at that time because I liked being different.

Anyway, I sold them all at once to fund my b25 special order. So yes, I lost a lot of money on the sale, but the b25 it funded is my most favorite bag of all time and a true head-turner.

Somehow, I am back on the Chanel cycle. Now, I am buying pre-loved quintessential classics. I never owned them before, but it makes sense for me to buy them now. I have a 227 reissue black ghw, and a CF shw on the way.

My only regret is not buying WOC before all the price increases. Now I feel like I can’t buy it because I remember the price from many years ago, but I still want one so bad! And I can’t even fathom preloved bc some of the preloved prices might as well get a new one.
I feel for you! It was expensive 4 years ago when I bought mine. Now it doesn’t even make sense. Just crazy pricey for what it is.

Reactions: elisa66
My only regret is not buying WOC before all the price increases. Now I feel like I can’t buy it because I remember the price from many years ago, but I still want one so bad! And I can’t even fathom preloved bc some of the preloved prices might as well get a new one.
I regretted not buying one in Paris when I had the chance and they were around 1000 Euro. I have gotten a couple here and there since that time and just recently went ahead and purchased a new classic black caviar WOC with gold hardware from the boutique. Did I choke a little over the price? Yup, but, I am already seeing the resale sites charging even more than what I just paid. Now to just use it and make it an everyday piece.

To those with tweed bags - do you ever regret getting one? If so, why? And what’s the current condition of your tweed bags - does your bags have any frays? Or are they still in great condition? Please share! :smile:
I’m curious to hear about this too! I like some tweed bag designs but the prices are high for me to splurge on something that’s not leather. Also wondering about the upkeep?

Reactions: LT23
I regret selling some of my bags 2 years ago. I NEVER ever sell but I was going through a phase where I was updating my wardrobe and style. I really regret selling my 19S pearl flap in particular, my cream pearl deauville (which I later bought back for more :facepalm:) and my pale pink caviar jumbo.

I saw an amazing sequin rectangle mini a few years back. My in-laws were offering to pay for more than half as my birthday present. I couldn’t justify the price and went with a LV instead. I think of that bag often and know I won’t buy it now lol

• Love
Reactions: 880
To those with tweed bags - do you ever regret getting one? If so, why? And what’s the current condition of your tweed bags - does your bags have any frays? Or are they still in great condition? Please share! :smile:
I have two tweed minis. One is the gold/multi color from the Egypt collection and the other is the black/white/pastel tweed from a bit over a year ago. I don't use them often, but they're still in excellent shape. No regrets on getting them, but I have a fairly extensive collection with lots of classics that get regular use.

Reactions: BreezyE
I have one m/l tweed CF. It was purchased in March 2020.

It is in excellent shape, but I don’t use it a ton. No regrets on this purchase.

73294FC0-24DD-48A2-8B1F-65AE6777FDE7.jpeg

The Chanel bag I really regret is a mini CF in brown leather from 2021 FW collection. Chanel doesn't produce a lot of brown leathers, even less speaking of the CF. I still think about it 2 years later... The regret feeling hurts even more when I remember that the bag was sold for 3800€ : it costs 4800€ nowadays

(I found a picture on the internet)
:doh:

View attachment 5662882
My regret too...

Reactions: caroperouse
I regret not getting the 21P Rose pink and the 22C pink in the CF at the time. I still think about those 2 colors to this day. I have the 21C Rose Clair so that makes me feel better. I regret not saying yes to all the caviar square and rectangular minis offered to me at the time too. Oh, well, what can you do but enjoy the pieces you have right now......