Regrets

My biggest and only regret (thank goodness!) when it comes to Chanel is selling away my reissue 224. Black and GHW. I didn’t like mini bag then.

But some of my Chanel bags made up for it (got them way before these crazy price hike). Medium/jumbo flaps, reissues.

My single flap jumbo of 2009 is still pristine till this day. It was only I think 2700usd!

View attachment 5727475
She’s beautiful! I also have a single flap jumbo from 2008 when I probably paid around $2000-ish or so. She is pristine as well, exemplifies the quality of Chanel back then. It’s funny how most of the regrets expressed in this thread have to do with not buying more back in the day
:lol:

I had the chance to buy a gorgeous green top handle mini this summer in CDG airport before the price increase in Paris and when the euro and USD were equal. I could only justify one bag and went with a black small Chanel 19 even though the SA suggested I take both. I regret not listening. Not only was the bag gorgeous, it was well under $4000 and no tax. She’s the one that got away. 2C4E80F2-5EB2-4C64-A981-B6A87E8D7253.jpeg

Aside from not buying more bags pre-2020 price increases, my one regret is getting this so-black Gabrielle hobo in (old) medium size. I should have gotten the smaller size.

5681AD06-BD62-43B8-BDD8-03ED31C47EB8.jpeg

This size just looks a little dated now although I appreciate that it fits a lot. 3.5 years after, I find that the smaller Gabrielle hobo has a more classic/timeless appeal and can be more versatile in terms of usage (can be a day or evening bag) than the bigger size I got. Oh well! It is what it is.

I regret not buying more rectangular minis when they still came in caviar. I have a black and an ivory mini, but really wish I hadn’t passed up on the red from Fall 2017, prior pinks, and other fun colors that came out 2017 - 2018.
I'm with you on this. I regret not buying every mini I liked when nobody wanted them and there were many to choose from.

My biggest regret was buying a Chanel Easy Jumbo Flap in 2014 because I couldn't afford a Jumbo Classic Flap. I ended up compromising and bought the Easy which looked very similar, but without the structure and the huge price tag. As a result, I only used it a handful of times because I was so worried that it would soften and loose its shape, so it sadly lived in its box all those years.

Fast forward 9 years and the Jumbo Classic Flap has doubled in price and I've just sold a huge portion of my collection including the Easy Jumbo to fund the bag I should have gotten in the first place. The Jumbo CF was always the one the got away.... so I guess the moral of the story is, always follow your heart. Don't compromise because regret is something we tend to carry with us for a long time. I picked my beauty up earlier this week and my heart is still swooning.

20230114_150928.jpg
The Easy Jumbo that I just sold...

aviary-image-1678143049507.jpeg
My new baby!

20230215_142033.jpg

My biggest regret and I kick myself to this day is going in to the Chanel Boutique in Beverly Hills in 2009 to purchase a denim bag and my SA told me why don’t you get a classic flap for the price of the denim and she explained to me that these bags will continue to go up in price. Fast forward Omgoodness how I wish I would have listened to her. I would of got one In every color knowing how much they are now. I did purchase later a Maxi CF for 5,500 and now what they are 11,000. However I do love my Maxi but it rarely comes out of my closet because it’s just to heavy for me as I get older. I also finally pulled the trigger on a Coco handle in 2021 that is now one of my favorite bags to carry I got in med and it holds everything I need and not to heavy. I kinda also regret my 19 even though she’s a beauty I got the large in beige her straps fall off my shoulders and the strap is a lil to long for me I’m only 5feet tall lol but she is a beauty to look at in my closet

9AAF3C98-F484-4912-A7AC-793DA9E67ED6.jpeg

I really wanted a boy bag (for some reason I liked the boy styles waaay more than any other including CF ;) ). They were about 4-5k only a few years ago and now you can only get used at that price :sad:

My regret is that I didn’t get a Chanel Diana about 10 years ago when I was working at a luxury consignment store.

We would come across vintage bags in generally good condition, including some Chanel Diana which is (still) my favourite design. Some had authenticity cards and some didn’t, but they were all authenticated by my colleagues in another department.

Back then, it was just too much money for me to justify on a purse (esp. since I was working part-time) but no one knew how crazy the prices would become.

I had the opportunity to purchase a classic flap with ghw from Paris about 4-5 years ago and I didn’t because I had already spent a fair bit of money on other things. Fast forward to now and the price has doubled and I just cannot justify buying one at the current prices plus the guilt of not having bought it when I had the chance (from Paris!!!) I feel like if I purchased one now I would feel more guilt than happiness

Has anyone been in a similar situation and how did you get over the regret/guilt?
Get it preloved!

Reactions: OCMomof3
My biggest regret was buying a Chanel Easy Jumbo Flap in 2014 because I couldn't afford a Jumbo Classic Flap. I ended up compromising and bought the Easy which looked very similar, but without the structure and the huge price tag. As a result, I only used it a handful of times because I was so worried that it would soften and loose its shape, so it sadly lived in its box all those years.

Fast forward 9 years and the Jumbo Classic Flap has doubled in price and I've just sold a huge portion of my collection including the Easy Jumbo to fund the bag I should have gotten in the first place. The Jumbo CF was always the one the got away.... so I guess the moral of the story is, always follow your heart. Don't compromise because regret is something we tend to carry with us for a long time. I picked my beauty up earlier this week and my heart is still swooning.

View attachment 5737441
The Easy Jumbo that I just sold...

View attachment 5737442
My new baby!

View attachment 5737443
Wow! I did the exact same thing! Bought the Easy Flap Jumbo because it looked the same as CF. My Easy Flap is long gone, but I just bought the CF yesterday! Pre-loved because I dont have $11,000