Regret Averted! Another Eva vs. Favorite dilema

Ultimately, the SA deemed the bag to be in a good enough condition to sell.

Dragging portions of other threads over here is not helpful; it creates drama and division. Even if you are really, really sorry to have to do it. ;)

starshar i strongly disagree. How is lv supposed to know if someone is exchanging for buyers' remorse? There have been instances when i've bought something in store and not realized a scratch, spot, or other flaw until i got home and had a longer opportunity to examine the bag. Has nothing to do with buyers remorse and more to do with the fact that i don't want a flawed bag. I understand ppl disagree with what op did, but categorically denying customers the right to exchange is just ridiculous.
+1

While I'm not in favor of practice of using and returning bags it will happen if a SA is willing to take the bag back. The surprising thing to me is how often people post here on forum that they used a bag and returned it since this topic always tends to stir up a negative reaction.

Originally Posted by starshar
I disagree with this too. LV on the other hand should totally forbid accepting exchanges due to buyers' remorse. Buyers are ought to thoroughly think through their purchases before committing to the purchase.

Really?! That's a pretty extreme stance to take.]

+1 OCMomof3.....all across the board! I had to read this post twice to see if I had indeed read it correctly. It's a purse, not a Lamborghini...

Last edited:
+1 OCMomof3.....all across the board! I had to read this post twice to see if I had indeed read it correctly. It's a purse, not a Lamborghini...[/QUOTE]

Haha, you're so right! ;)

while i'm not in favor of practice of using and returning bags it will happen if a sa is willing to take the bag back. The surprising thing to me is how often people post here on forum that they used a bag and returned it since this topic always tends to stir up a negative reaction.

+1

And, sorry you guys feel that way. Had I actually used it for any real outings or scratched it even a tiny bit, I probably would have kept it. *back to lurking*

you have nothing to be sorry for. I don't see how it is any different than the handling it would get trying it on at home. It gets just as much exposure in the house as in a car. Don't let anyone make you feel bad.

I hate to point this out (I honestly do hate to), but the reason I'm doing so is because, ironically, I'm actually planning on getting the Azur Eva next Monday at the boutique. I have no idea if OP and I are in the same part of the country, but now I know I have to check for spots carefully (you'll see why in a minute). ..... So maybe having that warning is a good thing after all? :-/

I'm referring to OP's post in the Eva clubhouse here. .... This is only a few posts after that Eva's 'reveal' in the same thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...hanting-eva-club-243969-188.html#post26495501

Honestly, that really does make me cringe. It doesn't anger me, really, just oddly saddens me, and I do sort of feel bad for OP that the whole thing happened. ....... I guess the concept just disappoints me a little. :sad: I mean, honestly, if there was rain on vachetta, it really wasn't just riding in the car. :sad: :sad:

But like I said, maybe it's a good warning for me to check very closely next week. Especially if that thing might have been in the rain. :sad:

(And I agree with earlier suggestions that LV should attach some sort of tag. Yoogi's does. As well as other consignors, don't they? Maybe the brands themselves should do the same? May look tacky at first, but it would prevent dilemmas like this.)

(And no, I don't have a problem with water spots on vachetta, in theory. I've purchased pre-loved with less than perfect vachetta, and hey, no problem. But I shouldn't have to be checking for potential water spots in the boutique. That just seems unfair. :-/ :sad:

I did not think it was right to return the Eva if rain drops fell in it. It is used bag now. If someone goes to LV and pays full price for a bag, they deserve nothing less then brand new.

Starshar I strongly disagree. How is LV supposed to know if someone is exchanging for buyers' remorse? There have been instances when I've bought something in store and not realized a scratch, spot, or other flaw until I got home and had a longer opportunity to examine the bag. Has nothing to do with buyers remorse and MORE to do with the fact that I don't want a flawed bag. I understand ppl disagree with what OP did, but categorically denying customers the right to exchange is just ridiculous.

Your case scenario is exchanging a defect bag for another bag, which is of the same type, (e.g. defective eva mono change for new eva mono). Buyer's remorse can tell when people want to change the type of bag. Surely the SA can tell when OP is exchanging from a Eva to a Favorite.

Afterall it really about moral ethics. Some people agree, but some people disagree.