Regarding Red Metallics for S/S2008

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I posted this in a thread in the Chanel Shopping subforum, but I'll repost it here for everyone interested in the red metallic flaps for S/S2008.

I emailed one of my Neiman's SAs and asked if she knew whether Neiman's had ordered the red metallic 2.55 reissue and that I wanted to be added to their reserve list. Her email response is below. I wrote her back for clarification because I don't completely understand the difference between "metallic" and "crackled metallic" and I didn't even know that they were making both for S/S2008.

Maybe the "metallic" bags are the classics and the "crackled metallics" are the reissues.
:shrugs: I'll post when I get her response.

Hi Monica,

I just got ahold of the buying office and in the metallic we are getting it in navy blue, purple, and silver. In the crackled metallic we are getting it in a dark red, dark green, silver, navy blue and gold. I put you on the list for the dark red metallic.

Wow. I'm definitely confused now! LOL. If the regular metallic is, in fact, the classics, then I had no idea that they were releasing a classic in purple as well as a reissue! This makes me want a purple classic jumbo. :wondering

My guess is metallics are for the reissues (like metallic black reissue from last year), and crackled metallic is the patent (like the black crackled patent and navy crackled patent from last year). I have heard of crackled patent that doesn't leave fingerprints vs. the standard patent that leaves fingerprints. :shrugs:

My guess is metallics are for the reissues (like metallic black reissue from last year), and crackled metallic is the patent (like the black crackled patent and navy crackled patent from last year). I have heard of crackled patent that doesn't leave fingerprints vs. the standard patent that leaves fingerprints. :shrugs:

And I think it's the other way around. Since we've already seen a picture of the red metallic patent e/w on eBay. So the crackled metallic should be the reissues.