Refunding Postage

PrissyPurse

Mar 16, 2008
Hi,
What are your opinions on refunding postage when a buyer sends something back. I have stated in my auction that I can not accept returns and I have a buyer who received her bag, and stated my measurements weren't going to work for her. I was nice enough to allow her to return the bag. When I received the bag back, the box is marked refused and has been open by her (which I don't know how she did this) because normally the post office will not let you open a package and then refuse it. Anyway, any thoughts on if I should refund her original shipping costs when refunding her paypal payment?
TIA

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
I'd say nay to return shipping costs. Especially if your measurements were correct and she just decided the size wasn't right for her. Buyers remorse

lmartinx1

♥~♥~tPF~♥~♥
Jun 23, 2007
Mile High State
I'd say nay to return shipping costs. Especially if your measurements were correct and she just decided the size wasn't right for her. Buyers remorse
I totally agree! You were nice enough to allow her to return it, even though you stated no returns, so I think she should just count her blessings!

angelah

Nov 16, 2007
portland, or
If large established online stores like Sephora don't refund shipping for returns why should you? If you do you're encouraging a bad habit of buyers' remorse thinking they can get away with buying an item then rejecting later.

Feb 25, 2008
i definitely wouldn't refund postage. if you do, you're the one losing out when it's her fault that she doesn't want the bag. i think you're being more than accommodating by letting her return the bag in the first place.

4theluvof-it

Aug 17, 2007
If it is your fault I would refund shipping, but since the measurements "weren't going to work for her" then I would say no.