Refunded without explanation

You may be right - but on the other hand, this may be the beginning of a scam. Doing a transaction off ebay is dangerous. If you can repay through ebay and have protection on the item, that is one thing. I would NOT do an off ebay transaction. If you got a fake pair, you would have a very hard time getting your money back.

Yes for sure. I did get the shoes authenticated here so I think they are real but the whole thing is just annoying to me. Refunded one day after the auction ends, before payment even clears, then five days later he suddenly has the shoes again.... I'm not sure if it's worth it to ask him to relist the shoes and I'll buy again. I'm wondering if I should still leave him a neg because I do get the impression this guy just has no clue what he's doing.

Ugggh guys, now I get this from him!

"good evening. Frank here. Hope you are doing well. I have sole possession of the Christian Louboutin shoes. if you are still interested let me know. $450."

I'm pretty sure this guy has no idea how ebay sellling works. My refund is still on hold at paypal and even though I REALLY want these shoes, I should decline, right? I was waiting to leave him feedback until I had my money back safely in my account. Now I'm thinking that he wasn't being rude but he just has no idea what he's doing... thoughts?

Possible email response to him:

Hi Frank,

I already won the shoes and made payment for them. You're the one who refunded me but I still don't have the cleared refund. I want the shoes but I cannot and will not do the transaction outside of the ebay listing from which I purchased. It's necessary both for my buyer protection as well as the ethical thing to do.

Perhaps you can call paypal, reverse the refund and ship the shoes to me.

Possible email response to him:

Hi Frank,

I already won the shoes and made payment for them. You're the one who refunded me but I still don't have the cleared refund. I want the shoes but I cannot and will not do the transaction outside of the ebay listing from which I purchased. It's necessary both for my buyer protection as well as the ethical thing to do.

Perhaps you can call paypal, reverse the refund and ship the shoes to me.

You are so good at this :flowers:

Ugggh guys, now I get this from him!

"good evening. Frank here. Hope you are doing well. I have sole possession of the Christian Louboutin shoes. if you are still interested let me know. $450."

I'm pretty sure this guy has no idea how ebay sellling works. My refund is still on hold at paypal and even though I REALLY want these shoes, I should decline, right? I was waiting to leave him feedback until I had my money back safely in my account. Now I'm thinking that he wasn't being rude but he just has no idea what he's doing... thoughts?

You may be right - but on the other hand, this may be the beginning of a scam. Doing a transaction off ebay is dangerous. If you can repay through ebay and have protection on the item, that is one thing. I would NOT do an off ebay transaction. If you got a fake pair, you would have a very hard time getting your money back.
I don't see where he asked to go "outside" of ebay to pay for the shoes??

And if she did pay outside of ebay (I'm not saying she should),she can still get her money back if she was sent fake shoes, she would still have buyer protection.

And if she did pay outside of ebay (I'm not saying she should),she can still get her money back if she was sent fake shoes, she would still have buyer protection.

If an item was listed on eBay then sold outside of eBay threw PayPal they might be out the money and the item because PayPal is hard to deal with and doing a purchase outside of eBay is against the rules.

He might not be suggesting an off ebay transaction, but this sure sounds like the lead up to one. If a transaction starts on ebay but is completed off ebay, paypal may refuse to cover the buyer. It can just get very messy. At this point I think the safest thing is to walk away. If you just can't stand to lose the shoes, email him and tell him to set up a buy it now auction for you. That way, you still get the ebay protection and aren't violating the ebay user agreement.

I read this thread with interest because I had the same happen to me a fortnight ago.

I've used the seller several times before so was very very surprised and a bit concerned when I received an Ebay message telling me that I had been refunded and the transaction was then cancelled ....... WTF ?????

I asked that (not in as many words !) to the seller and Ebay and to this day have no idea why, I've messaged the seller several times and not once had a clear answer.
Long story short - I purchased another of the same thing from him and am awaiting its delivery.

The seller was Japanese and i'm guessing didn't understand my words, two of the Ebay messages were in broken English so i'm guessing they didn't either (irritated about that) and in the end I just gave up.

Interestingly aswell there was a very unusual situation with Import/'Handling' costs - never ever had Duty or Import costs charged before from this seller so all round it was an odd one.

I had it happen more than several times where the seller refunded for bidding ending too low, it just annoys me because refunds usually takes 3-4 days to complete :sad: some of them lie about not having the items anymore and relist like 2 days later. I'm thinking of denying cancellation and just let them eat up the fees from now on :sad::sad:

I haven't heard from him again since I told him that I would not be buying off ebay and that I was already kinda peeved for having my money on hold for over a week (I have it now thankfully).

He has not requested to cancel the transaction yet but if he does, I think I will refuse. Not sure whether I will leave feedback or not.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm gonna hold out and hopefully find a better pair of shoes at a better price.

I haven't heard from him again since I told him that I would not be buying off ebay and that I was already kinda peeved for having my money on hold for over a week (I have it now thankfully).

He has not requested to cancel the transaction yet but if he does, I think I will refuse. Not sure whether I will leave feedback or not.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm gonna hold out and hopefully find a better pair of shoes at a better price.

Sellers like this nobody needs to be doing business with... he's bad news
Yes today no tomorrow yes the next day.. Who needs this taunting??

I would leave feedback to warn others as to how he does business &
would not agree to a mutual cancellation either

You will find your shoes..