Refinished Varinas from Nordstrom Rack

Hey all!

I've been eyeing the Varina for a while now and was pleasantly surprised to find a pair at Nordstrom Rack. A pair in Anemone in my size for $169, yay! They are refinished, hence the over 80% of savings, but look to be in great shape. The inside shows little signs of wear but the bottom seems to be painted over.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with refinished shoes from NR?
How worn do these look to you?
Will the refinished bottom affect the wearability?
I'm also wondering if I should take them to the cobbler to have a sole attached, or just wear out the leather first then have a sole put on.
Has anyone who has owned Varinas had experience in breaking them in? They feel uncomfortable at the moment.

I know I have a lot of questions, but this is all just new territory to me:shrugs:
Any opinions, suggestions, or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8016.JPG
    IMG_8016.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 363
  • IMG_8018.JPG
    IMG_8018.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 361
  • IMG_8019.JPG
    IMG_8019.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 369
  • IMG_8022.JPG
    IMG_8022.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_8023.JPG
    IMG_8023.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 359
SheerElegance - Welcome to Ferragamo and to the Purse Forum!

The Varinas look like they are in pretty decent shape. I always get a rubber sole put on the bottom of my good leather soled shoes right from the start.

I have had good luck with refurbished shoes from the Rack, and have picked up some Choos and Tods.

Very pretty colour. Congrats. There are a few threads on how people break in their new shoes if they are tight. The thick sock method or else getting the boutique to extend them for you.

I bought a pair of refinished Varinas a while back from Nordstrom Rack. It does not affect the wear of the shoe. However, I think mine were defective and had to sell them because they weren't my first pair, the other two were bought from the Ferragamo boutique and fit perfectly in a size 36. The ones from NR were too small. I sold them, but if yours fit and there is nothing wrong except the soles. I say keep and enjoy.