Reese?

theditzblitz

Mar 26, 2008
Hi ladies!

So my mom is turning 50 in November, and she was lamenting how she doesn't have an evening bag that she really likes. And she loves Coach. So of course my dad and I have conspired to get her a new Coach for that purpose!

Problem is, I can't seem to find an evening bag that's really evening-y or like less than $1000. I browsed through *bay and nothing caught my eye either! So I've decided to get her the Crinkle Patent Reese from Nordstrom, in black.

Here's a pic and the specs:
_5715517.jpg

Front pocket
Exterior back zip pocket
Flap with turnlock closure
Crinkled patent leather with glovetan leather trim
Fabric lining <LI class=styleFeatures1>Crinkle patent leather and trim
Legacy stripe fabric lining
35" strap
15" drop
6 3/8 (L) x 5 (H) x 1 (W)
Style No: 13052

What do you ladies think? Is it too small? Is the shape weird? Is the strap too long???

So many questions!! TIA!!!

I just saw this yesterday at the boutique. It's really cute, but yes, very small. I could not survive on something smaller than the Bridgit...that's my "evening" as well as day bag! But it really depends on what you need, and I bet you know just what your mom will like!! It's a really cute bag!!

I love that bag! But it is really really small. I just got a couple of the new Madison Pouches that are really nice and they actually fit quite a bit but still look small and great for going out etc. My fav is the graphic op art pouch and I actually used it just the other night when I went out for dinner with my fancier "little black dress." I got quite a few compliments on the bag.

I think I might use a capacity wristlet, because you can attach the other end of the strap to make it more like a mini bag.
There are some pretty ones in patent at the outlets now for @ $50.

^^^That's a great price!

OP, I think this bag makes a gorgeous and stylish evening bag!! Very classy!! I'd go for it! I'd skip *bay and get it at an outlet if you can so you can get her some great shoes or a hat or gloves to go w/ it!! Good luck!!! And happy Bday to your mom!!!

I actually saw a bunch of Reeses at my outlet about a month ago. I'm not sure if they're all being deleted or not, but I'd personally have a hard time paying full price just in case. That said... it was really cute.

I've actually thought about the Reese as an evening pouch, too. I think it's gorgeous, go for it :tup: But you should def check the outlet because it sounds like others have seen it there.

Just wanted to say thanks all for the helpful comments! After thinking through all of them, I've decided not to go with the Reese as I don't have access to an outlet and my mom seems to have a LOT of stuff to carry around all the time. So the search continues!

But thanks for the timely advice!!! :smile: :smile:

There are new Amanda bags coming out soon that are perfect evening bags - the Amanda Satchels are in Satin and look like Baby Sabrinas and there is a cool fold over flat type bag that's also an Amanda that comes in several colors including a gorgeous gold metallic and it has the gold beaded chain strap - either would be perfect. There's also a metallic gold and a metallic bronze (mirror finish) Sabrina coming out as well - I think the "official" dates are Nov. 1st but usually you can order a couple of weeks before that.